Who Makes Built to Order Shipped Boxes

Blackout67

CarAudio.com Regular
Ohio
My Stereo Integrity SQL12 came in the other day and I'm tryna get a box built for it. The car audio scene isn't that big here around Cincinnati so there isn't many good shops that won't price gouge you. Had a quote for $250 for a .8 cubes sealed box bare wood double baffled. And that's pickup no shipping included.

Anyone know any shops or private builders that could do that for me? Not tryna spend more than $175 shipped. I know that a lot of time and effort goes into building boxes, as I've build a few but I don't think I can justify spending that much on a tiny box.

I don't have a garage or saw anymore so I guess worst case scenario I can tip a worker at Lowe's to do my cuts and I will glue it together in my buddies garage. Just not trying to spend $70 on MDF that I'm probably only gonna use a quarter of the sheet and then find somewhere to store the unused.

Already have the cut sheet and know what I'm going for any help is appreciated

Last edited:
I actually had ordered one of those for my XR and had to refund it because they sent me the 8 inch one and then when I returned it they said the 12 inch was out of stock even tho it was in stock when I originally ordered.

At any rate, I'm going sealed for this one which is why I'm having such any issue. I can find a million quality prefab ported boxes for a decent price shipped but every sealed one is the same $50 prefab, 5/8 or "3/4" Mdf with leaky terminal cups. Very frustrating

As stated above.. GP Audio can make a Glue and Screw enclosure for you more than likely. They precut and have a sheet diagram and all pieces are marked to put it together, and tuned to your request. All the enclosures Ive recommended and have put together are really fantastic and been worth every penny spent.

As stated above.. GP Audio can make a Glue and Screw enclosure for you more than likely. They precut and have a sheet diagram and all pieces are marked to put it together, and tuned to your request. All the enclosures Ive recommended and have put together are really fantastic and been worth every penny spent.
I was thinking about hitting them up for one. But they take forever to ship. My buddy who's garage id be using bought one a few months back. It took about 2 months to arrive. Actually just got delivered about 2 weeks ago. Had a similar experience with SSA where I was told I think 4-6 weeks and ended up being more like 8 or 9. They were very responsive and helped answer my questions on the progress and I understand that there are other orders to fulfill so I'm not complaining but I'm just impatient and itching for a project and I don't think I could possibly wait that long

I actually had ordered one of those for my XR and had to refund it because they sent me the 8 inch one and then when I returned it they said the 12 inch was out of stock even tho it was in stock when I originally ordered.

At any rate, I'm going sealed for this one which is why I'm having such any issue. I can find a million quality prefab ported boxes for a decent price shipped but every sealed one is the same $50 prefab, 5/8 or "3/4" Mdf with leaky terminal cups. Very frustrating
You can get a small sheet of MDF at H.Depot in precut section and use your buddies Drill and a hole saw and make a plug for the leaky terminal cup and seal it off and make your own speaker lead by drilling a 1/2" or 3/8" hole and seal off with Silicone and run those wire to the amp even.

I was thinking about hitting them up for one. But they take forever to ship. My buddy who's garage id be using bought one a few months back. It took about 2 months to arrive. Actually just got delivered about 2 weeks ago. Had a similar experience with SSA where I was told I think 4-6 weeks and ended up being more like 8 or 9. They were very responsive and helped answer my questions on the progress and I understand that there are other orders to fulfill so I'm not complaining but I'm just impatient and itching for a project and I don't think I could possibly wait that long
You might take a look over at Sonic Electronix to see what they may have ? Or check these guys out in Kansas/ I think they used to be MSN? Cant vouch for that but look like one of my older enclosures that I bought a few years back? They may have something in stock??

You might take a look over at Sonic Electronix to see what they may have ? Or check these guys out in Kansas/ I think they used to be MSN? Cant vouch for that but look like one of my older enclosures that I bought a few years back? They may have something in stock??

I found those guys earlier and sent them a text but I don't think I will be hearing from them until Tuesday with it being a holiday on Monday. As for Sonic, that's where I bought the TruSpec box from and their sealed box selection is just as abysmal as all the other sealed boxes

I found those guys earlier and sent them a text but I don't think I will be hearing from them until Tuesday with it being a holiday on Monday. As for Sonic, that's where I bought the TruSpec box from and their sealed box selection is just as abysmal as all the other sealed boxes
I hear ya. Yes the Holiday. Businesses shut down/closed for the Labor Day weekend,Monday. Sonic will usually have theyre own enclosures,truspec, or Atrend of which Ill take a pass on those.I had some issues with Atrend,and will not buy from them again. Ill try my own even if it looks like AZZ before I buy from Atrend

If you're going sealed...just grab a bbox sealed box with 3/4" mdf at 1cuft...they work perfectly...if you want ported get a custom box...

If you're going sealed...just grab a bbox sealed box with 3/4" mdf at 1cuft...they work perfectly...if you want ported get a custom box...
A single 3/4 baffle is not gonna cut it with this subwoofer at 1200 watts. It's gonna flex like crazy. My current prefab rings on higher notes with a little RF P2 on 350 watts.

A single 3/4 baffle is not gonna cut it with this subwoofer at 1200 watts. It's gonna flex like crazy. My current prefab rings on higher notes with a little RF P2 on 350 watts.
I ran my sql 15's in 3/4" bbox prefab on 3k for a couple months...didn't have any issues 😉

Here's a sql flexing at 8hz in a bbox prefab

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...