which sub set up

Participant count
  • Participant list

hump01

I have a 05 crew cab chevy truck with 2 sundown sd2 10s sealed behide the rear seat and was wanting to get a little more deeper boomy style bass and hit a little harder and that carry some outside the truck. I was thinking of porting a 12 behide the seat. Undecided which brand. Maybe another sundown of some kind. Its Powered by a diamond 1200.1 Would like imput before i make a switch. Thanks.

Make a proper ported box for those SD 10s before doing anything. You arent even tapping into any potential those subs have.
Pretty sure sd10s are meant more for sealed. I would do 2-4 8s ported under rear seat

This is off sundowns site

This makes the SD-3 10" the best 10" woofer in our line for small sealed enclosures.

[quote name='29hz&Under']Pretty sure sd10s are meant more for sealed. I would do 2-4 8s ported under rear seat

This is off sundowns site
This makes the SD-3 10" the best 10" woofer in our line for small sealed enclosures.[/QUOTE]

I've heard that they slam very well in ported too. With a QES of .48 and an FS of 36.7, their efficiency bandwidth product is 76.4, well into the ranges of where they would excel better in ported applications. By no means is it a sub that is strictly geared for sealed based on its ts specs. It just happens to work decently in sealed.
@CSCStang did a few SD under the bench ported enclosures too I believe.

I have a 05 crew cab chevy truck with 2 sundown sd2 10s sealed behide the rear seat and was wanting to get a little more deeper boomy style bass and hit a little harder and that carry some outside the truck. I was thinking of porting a 12 behide the seat. Undecided which brand. Maybe another sundown of some kind. Its Powered by a diamond 1200.1 Would like imput before i make a switch. Thanks.
I can hook you up with a ported but your net volume will lack somewhat using both 10's.

[quote name='Jeffdachef']I've heard that they slam very well in ported too. With a QES of .48 and an FS of 36.7, their efficiency bandwidth product is 76.4, well into the ranges of where they would excel better in ported applications. By no means is it a sub that is strictly geared for sealed based on its ts specs. It just happens to work decently in sealed.
@CSCStang did a few SD under the bench ported enclosures too I believe.[/QUOTE]

I have and they slap pretty darn well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.