powered 10 inch sub vs 2 8 inch subs

Participant count
  • Participant list
So i got my 15 Silverado crew cab a little over a month ago and car audio was first on my list. Researched forever for a sub as space in the back is super limited for any type of enclosure and came across jl audio ACS110LG ACS110LG-TW1 - Car Audio - Subwoofer Systems - PowerWedge+

Got it installed under my rear seat, fits and sounds good. I have it wired by taking the signal from my front left and right speakers and wiring them into the subs speaker level inputs. My bass on the radio eq is set at 0 or sometimes a notch higher and on the sub is set at half gain with a 100hz crossover point. My question is since im running only hal\f the gain on some songs with alot of bass ..say hip hop or techno i can tell the speaker seems to be bottoming out i guess or sounding like it cant take the bass. Dont get me wrong most of the time this thing booms but every once in a while i hear the speaker hit its limit. Ive never turn the radio volume past say 70 percent so that with half gain and a 100hz xover im stumped.

I jumped in fairly quick on this and have been thinking if a custombox by

Subwoofer Box 2014 Chevy Silverado Crew truck - SoundOffAudio

or 2014-15 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Dual Subwoofer Box

with 2 8's would sound better. I have an amp that bridged can produce 600 watts.

Do i just have my current sub tuned wrong, should i run a loc and run rca's instead of speaker level. This is jl audio so i thought i would be more impressed

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.