Which ~2000w mono?

It's a really good amp, would not spend that kind of cash when there other options available.

CT Sounds, DS18 Hooligan H-KO3, 35 to 50% less, just say-n.

AND - It's HUGE

If you have that kind of money and room to spare, one of these would be preferable.

View attachment 56085

$779

I’d never buy that rebadged Chinese amp. Don’t care what small changes were done that thing isn’t worth it . I’d 100.% rather buy a Korean class A/B or a true high end class A/B.

Edited to add: I get it though, I know that amp looks delicious, gives that old school quality feeling, seeing T03 (these are old and most are actually fake, TO-264 is what is considered better now, T03 is obsolete to be honest), but don’t be fooled.

Last edited:
It's a really good amp, would not spend that kind of cash when there other options available.

CT Sounds, DS18 Hooligan H-KO3, 35 to 50% less, just say-n.

AND - It's HUGE

If you have that kind of money and room to spare, one of these would be preferable.

View attachment 56085

$779

I looked at those two brands just now. It appears I’d have to step up to the Team 7000 on the CT Sounds to get the watts at 4ohm and it’s sold out.

The DS18 3000 is sold out as well. I could jump up to the 5000.

I looked at those two brands just now. It appears I’d have to step up to the Team 7000 on the CT Sounds to get the watts at 4ohm and it’s sold out.

The DS18 3000 is sold out as well. I could jump up to the 5000.

Nothing wrong with running at 1 ohm, you will gain it way down anyway to limit the output. Amp will run cool and never even break a sweat. The wolfram amp Is the best deal on the best Korean offering. $699 compared to $850+ from others who are selling the same thing.

I'm pretty sure the si amps are Korean amps and they test incredibly well.

There is a copy cat china made though that looks very similar

Those China “copy cat” amps were out before Si. I don’t know of any of the top two build houses in Korea (S&I and Zenon) that make something like that. The Chinese amps test perfectly fine just they overrate them. Not hard to rebadge and underrate or rate them accurately. Soon as those amps were being released damage control was put forward to get some YouTube dudes to talk trash about the Chinese unbranded version. Si doesn’t buy amps from Korea, I know this as I can see every single shipping container that every brand imports here.

Regarding heat dissipation BigDWiz has said that Incriminator Audio amps run very cool.

Maybe try to measure the area the amp will be in and try to find one that doesn't take up much space? Leaving room for some air to circulate a little?

Nothing wrong with running at 1 ohm, you will gain it way down anyway to limit the output. Amp will run cool and never even break a sweat. The wolfram amp Is the best deal on the best Korean offering. $699 compared to $850+ from others who are selling the same thing.
I went down the rabbit hole of 4 ohm for SQ purposes. If running at 1 ohm, I agree, the options are almost limitless.

If running a 4500w rated amp at 1800w (or less) @ 4 ohms, I’m assuming I’d size the wire and fuse for 1800w? The wolfram and other similar amps have dual 1/0 power supply. I’d think I could run a single 1/0 for 1800w…

Last edited:
Here is all you need to know about that chinese knockoff, it's not even close.

Refurb with 3 year warranty (good seller, I've purchased from prior)

3K at 1 ohm

The Hooligans are rated at 400 damping at 4 ohms, still do fine (around 200) at 1 ohm. Other good options listed here too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

GoldCountryCA

CarAudio.com Recruit
GoldCountryCA
Northern Ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views