Which ~2000w mono?

I'd go with the Si SIQ 300.1 first choice, just because it gives everyone a boner when they see it for $78 more, kind of a no brainer.. That Wolfram is a nice option too!

Here is all you need to know about that chinese knockoff, it's not even close.

Refurb with 3 year warranty (good seller, I've purchased from prior)

3K at 1 ohm

The Hooligans are rated at 400 damping at 4 ohms, still do fine (around 200) at 1 ohm. Other good options listed here too.

It is indeed made in the China factory 😅. They may switch some caps around, in some rearrange things but it is still the same factory in China making it. Where do you think that amp is made?

I have no experience with the brand yet but the Trinity audio 3000.1 is 2000w at 4 ohm or 3kw at 2 and 1. Small compact and running at 4 ohm it should be least stressed with the highest damping factor it can have. Alternatively eBay has the soundigital sd5 line which also has a 3kw option that should work and is equally small
I wonder if they later derated this amp. As of now, they claim 1500w at 4ohm. Tiny little thing though! …and a cooling fan.

If you are looking for half bridge from the Korean offerings https://www.wolframaudio.com/products/w-4500-1

Yep more power than you asked for but doesn’t mean you have to use it. It’s within budget and imo from the best build house in Korea and at a good price compared to others using the same thing for $850+.

If full bridge taramps smart series would be my choice. You can get a 3k for about $300 or less and would be the most efficient option if that is important to you.

If you’re wanting class A/B, I’d only look at the true high end or Korean offerings.
The wolfram looked viable, but it looks to need rather large wiring and fuse. I asked earlier; but, if I’m only asking the amp for 2000w, do I need dual 1/0 and a 450 amp fuse?

It is indeed made in the China factory 😅. They may switch some caps around, in some rearrange things but it is still the same factory in China making it. Where do you think that amp is made?
Did you actually watch the video? Who cares if they are made in the same build house, it's the spec that they are asked to be built to that matters.

That knock-off did half rated, si exceeds rated, is more efficient, it's a far better equipped amplifier. It's whisper quiet. So many amplifiers are built in the same fabs, not the issue. Gees, I remember naming about a dozen that used the same boards for that 22x8 inch 2000 class d monoblocks. There were differences in pricing and differences in build and features, all made in the same build house.

The Si does what is says it does (and a little more), and is reasonably priced considering what you are getting. Heck, class D Focal FDP 2000.1 is around double - not worth double, maybe worth the $775 Si price in my book and I run an FDP 4.600 and am getting my Si SIQ 125.4 in next week.

No reason to hate on or disparage the product because it's made in the same plant, silly really. Testimonials go a long way and 100% of the owners I talked to prior to purchasing one to replace my Helix B FOUR said they absolutely love the performance of the Si amplifiers and definitely recommended the product.

That's enough for me.

Did you actually watch the video? Who cares if they are made in the same build house, it's the spec that they are asked to be built to that matters.

That knock-off did half rated, si exceeds rated, is more efficient, it's a far better equipped amplifier. It's whisper quiet. So many amplifiers are built in the same fabs, not the issue. Gees, I remember naming about a dozen that used the same boards for that 22x8 inch 2000 class d monoblocks. There were differences in pricing and differences in build and features, all made in the same build house.

The Si does what is says it does (and a little more), and is reasonably priced considering what you are getting. Heck, class D Focal FDP 2000.1 is around double - not worth double, maybe worth the $775 Si price in my book and I run an FDP 4.600 and am getting my Si SIQ 125.4 in next week.

No reason to hate on or disparage the product because it's made in the same plant, silly really. Testimonials go a long way and 100% of the owners I talked to prior to purchasing one to replace my Helix B FOUR said they absolutely love the performance of the Si amplifiers and definitely recommended the product.

That's enough for me.

I’ve seen all the videos who tried to save the si amps once word hit about these amps. When you say, do the amps do rated, you are aware all you have to do is buy what the build house sells and just underrate it right? The differences (I’ve seen minor) if any do not cost anywhere near the premium asked, my point being is they are way overpriced. The build house also most certainly counts, it’s why many praise Korean amps cause the Chinese offerings aren’t nearly as good. T03’s are old technology and many of them today aren’t even real (they are counterfeit) and there is better out there now and it’s way easier to mount and fit on a board. I’ve been in the business a very long time from the manufacturing level to the retail end. It’s very easy to start a bandwagon, I think many old timers can attest to this from back in the day. The entire point of my original post is to let him know what he is spending nearly $800 on. That helix amp is on a totally different level of quality it’s not even close. If I seem combative, believe me it’s not my intent. Anyone can spend their money on whatever they want, like whatever they want as well. Being this is an online forum and if I have info I feel can be useful for anyone that can possibly read it, I will share it. In this case I felt the need as I don’t think many know what those truly are.

Guess we'll kindly agree to disagree. I love my Adcoms with T03s, they sound better than their mosfet bigger brothers.
IGBTs (Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistors) are often used in hi-end high voltage designs compared to MOSFETs due to several reasons:
  1. Switching Speed: IGBTs have slower switching speeds compared to MOSFETs, which is actually an advantage in high voltage applications. This slower switching speed reduces the risk of voltage spikes and electromagnetic interference.
  2. Voltage Blocking Capability: IGBTs have a higher voltage blocking capability compared to MOSFETs, making them more suitable for high voltage applications.
  3. Overcurrent Capability: IGBTs have a higher overcurrent capability compared to MOSFETs, making them more suitable for handling high currents in high voltage applications
There availability is a factor, space needed on the boards, different reasons for the use of more modern transistors/fets, not always better, different for practical reasons.

That said, was just putting it out there as a viable option in this price range and for comparison of CLASS D amplifiers, not class A/B. The 3000.1 is not class A/B as I'm sure you are aware and it doesn't use T03's so not sure where you are going with that. Personally, it's just to big for my Mazda 3 as monoblock amps go, my very good Korean built Hooligan H-KO3 is big enough thank you very much.

I have the Helix B FOUR, available for $175 shipped if anyone is interested. Got my Si SIQ125.4 coming in next week and am super thrilled, if for no other reason that it will be as good and will be even prettier to look at - for about the same new as the as the B FOUR was new.

Straight unfettered signal path, large caps on the power rails, nice board layout and attention to detail, all good.

Speaking of Helix, watch out for those Helix HXA400 MKII's, probably counterfeit transistors in those too.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Guess we'll kindly agree to disagree. I love my Adcoms with T03s, they sound better than their mosfet bigger brothers.
IGBTs (Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistors) are often used in hi-end high voltage designs compared to MOSFETs due to several reasons:
  1. Switching Speed: IGBTs have slower switching speeds compared to MOSFETs, which is actually an advantage in high voltage applications. This slower switching speed reduces the risk of voltage spikes and electromagnetic interference.
  2. Voltage Blocking Capability: IGBTs have a higher voltage blocking capability compared to MOSFETs, making them more suitable for high voltage applications.
  3. Overcurrent Capability: IGBTs have a higher overcurrent capability compared to MOSFETs, making them more suitable for handling high currents in high voltage applications
There availability is a factor, space needed on the boards, different reasons for the use of more modern transistors/fets, not always better, different for practical reasons.

That said, was just putting it out there as a viable option in this price range and for comparison of CLASS D amplifiers, not class A/B. The 3000.1 is not class A/B as I'm sure you are aware and it doesn't use T03's so not sure where you are going with that. Personally, it's just to big for my Mazda 3 as monoblock amps go, my very good Korean built Hooligan H-KO3 is big enough thank you very much.

I have the Helix B FOUR, available for $175 shipped if anyone is interested. Got my Si SIQ125.4 coming in next week and am super thrilled, if for no other reason that it will be as good and will be even prettier to look at - for about the same new as the as the B FOUR was new.

Straight unfettered signal path, large caps on the power rails, nice board layout and attention to detail, all good.

Speaking of Helix, watch out for those Helix HXA400 MKII's, probably counterfeit transistors in those too.

:rolleyes:

I mentioned T-03’s as their AB amps use them and anyone that looks will see that. Why do fake T-03’s exist? You said one reason why already, availability. The reason for that is cause demand for them really isn’t there. Now am I saying they are using fake ones? Nope, I honestly don’t care if they are real, fake, or have magic pixie dust sprinkled on them. I just can’t see paying $450 for something that cost far less, comes a point the markups get a weee bit out of hand imo. This is just me but I’m sure many others may also feel that way which is my reason for sharing it.

Now I wouldn’t normally say this out in the open as it kind of hurts those that do deal with build houses and are honest about it and don’t mark it up super high but want to get their products known. I’ve seen on every forum from here, sounddomain (those were good times), to diyma, to elitecarudio and many other popular forums at times they existed. Trusted respected members would get free stuff to test all the time and post glowing reviews. Now it’s at a new level with social media and YouTube. Heck if i had this available to me back in the day I would have made millions more lol. The point, take what you read with a grain of salt.

When you get it and if you like it, who cares what info I shared about it, none of that matters. What matters is you’re happy with your purchase. Again this is only for those that care about this stuff. I get PM’s a lot asking me about certain things, especially subs and speakers. Sometimes it’s easier when a chance comes up to just post in thread.

If you are looking for half bridge from the Korean offerings https://www.wolframaudio.com/products/w-4500-1

Yep more power than you asked for but doesn’t mean you have to use it. It’s within budget and imo from the best build house in Korea and at a good price compared to others using the same thing for $850+.

If full bridge taramps smart series would be my choice. You can get a 3k for about $300 or less and would be the most efficient option if that is important to you.

If you’re wanting class A/B, I’d only look at the true high end or Korean offerings.
Didn't Wolfram burn a lot of people when their warehouse was "robbed" a few years ago?
I agree taramps would be a good idea since OP is squishing the amp, and taramps have fans. I don't like the sound of my taramps though.
That should work great. Impedance and power are not a function of the box (yes, impedance rise is impacted by the box, not thinking that is the OP's question) though sound pressure containment can be, not an issue here for the most part and not a huge consideration.
Impedance changes as frequency changes. Box has nothing to do with it.
Do you think this will be underpowered for my subs? Rated 1500w @ 4 ohms:
RF makes amazing products (minus their cheap prime and punch garbage), and they are consistently underrated. Has your budget changed? If you can afford it and don't plan to ever go bigger subs, this amp will serve you well.
Or a truck?
Or a pickup. Pet peeve of mine is people calling their passenger vehicle a truck. I got it from my dad, who works on actual trucks.

1705170276626.png

Correct me (again) if I'm wrong but the impedance shift is highly dependent upon the enclosure and how the enclosure interacts with the vehicle it's in which means that there's no way to really calculate what level of rise you will see before the system is installed. So while yes, rise is a function/reaction to frequency, the box you put it in is part and partial to that equation. I suppose it would have simpler to explain that the first time around, there is that...

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

GoldCountryCA

CarAudio.com Recruit
GoldCountryCA
Northern Ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies