Beginner for connecting a 4 channel and a mono block together

Bam3223

CarAudio.com Newbie
usa
Question I have

Kicker cxa300.4 4 channel amp

And a

Sundown audio sfb-1000d mono block

I want to hook up Both together but use the kicker 4 channel for my speakers and the mono for my subwoofer. But I’m not sure how to wire both the amps together or if it’s even a good idea. Can someone explain to me how to fully either bridge or strap the two together properly.

Thank you.

You can't strap or bridge those together. You wire them separate, even trying to do what you want will cause most likely a fire or the amplifiers to go BOOM!
OP more than likely has the terminology wrong. I assume he just wants a regular setup.
But I’m not sure how to wire both the amps together or if it’s even a good idea
It depends if you have an aftermarket radio or the OEM radio.
If it is an aftermarket, it should have RCA outputs that will provide signal to the 4 channel and hopefully a separate set of RCAs for the sub amplifier.

Wire them separately. If you have two sets of rca inputs you wire them separately on the signal (/rcas), and it will let you have more independent control on the head unit. If you only have one RCA output, you could use a splitter and use a knob/potentiometer on either the bass or both amps.

The closest you can get to wiring them together is to run a power wire near the center of both, to a fused distribution block then separate power cables to each amp.

Stock touch screen radio 2019 ram 1500 classic bighorn I believe it’s a 8.4 inch touchscreen
Then you probably have the UConnect radio, that is a good unit. On my nephew's truck we got the signal from the footwell harness that goes into the door speakers. I ran 16 AWG speaker wires to the back seat. I connected a load resistor in parallel on each set right before going into a 2-channel LOC. From there the signal converts to RCAs that go into the 4 channel amp. From the 4 channel amp a set of RCAs goes into the subwoofer's amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...