I need help! I have one kicker 12” L7s 4ohm and one kicker L7r 2ohm going to a mono block amp.

cougakilnem09

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I have a boat and I redid the upholstery, and decided to upgrade my audio. My boat already had one L7s in it, so bring me and getting all excited, I jumped the gun and bought a L7r 2ohm and a mono block amp to run them both. Well I was dumb and did my research after purchasing my equipment. I didn’t know **** about audio until I’ve been learning about it over the past 45 days. And now I have a problem Becuase I cannot return my L7r or my amp. My question is, I was told that if I wire my L7r 2ohm to a 4ohm load and my L7S 4ohm to a 2ohm load I will get a final 3ohm at the amp. Oh and both my subs are in separate boxes that are 6 feet away from eachother. I have a 2ohm mono block, so since the final load will be 3ohms will my subs and amp be ok? I know it’s not the ideal situation but I would rather not fork out another 300$ for another sub. Please any advise would help

So I have a boat and I redid the upholstery, and decided to upgrade my audio. My boat already had one L7s in it, so bring me and getting all excited, I jumped the gun and bought a L7r 2ohm and a mono block amp to run them both. Well I was dumb and did my research after purchasing my equipment. I didn’t know **** about audio until I’ve been learning about it over the past 45 days. And now I have a problem Becuase I cannot return my L7r or my amp. My question is, I was told that if I wire my L7r 2ohm to a 4ohm load and my L7S 4ohm to a 2ohm load I will get a final 3ohm at the amp. Oh and both my subs are in separate boxes that are 6 feet away from eachother. I have a 2ohm mono block, so since the final load will be 3ohms will my subs and amp be ok? I know it’s not the ideal situation but I would rather not fork out another 300$ for another sub. Please any advise would help
You'll be fine with a 3 ohm load on that amp.

You'll be fine with a 3 ohm load on that amp.
I agree, 3 Ohms is fine. You could also run the dual 2 in series and the dual 4 in parallel. Then you parallel them at the amp for a 1.33 Ohms final load (if the amp can handle 1 Ohm).
I have a Rockville db15 6000watt mono block (I know it’s not a true 6000 watt amp). It’s stable at 2ohm a so I can’t do that

Bad idea to run them especially with being in two different boxes. You are going to cause cancellation and sound horrible. Your best bet is to sell one of them and buy another one with the same ohms as the one you are keeping. Personally I would also return the Rockville as those amplifiers are not all that great. Plus being in a boat you really want one that is a marine application. Trust me as someone who grew up on the Kankakee River and had boats from the time I was born till my late 20's. Having a non-marine amplifier in a boat is not a good idea. And we did systems in our boats starting in the '80s when marine type stuff started to really come out.

Should be no reason you can't return those items especially if you got them from Amazon and within 30 or 45 days iirc. Same with eBay they should be able to force the return on the seller as I just went through something similar.

Also my L7S at 4ohms rms at 750watts and my L7r rms at 600watts, my amp rms at 1500 watts at 2ohms, with running at 3ohm how much power will each of subs get ?
Light bulb. 2 and 4 Ohms parallel gives you 1.33 Ohms, not 3 Ohms.
Screenshot_20230626-155550.png

And that is not a 1 ohm amplifier at all. Best to return it or sell it and buy something that marine application along with buying another 4 ohm or 2 ohm subwoofer that matches. And there is 1 ohm marine amplifiers out there. I would just stay away from Rockville, Boss, Hifonics, Pyle stuff like that. Soundstream isn't what they used to be but they are making Marine amplifiers now and a lot of them are coming from Korea like the old days. Even there 4 channels like the one Thx uses is made in Korea and has a really good rep these days.

so since my subs are not in the same box and are far apart, I wired up my L7S 4ohm to a 2ohm load and my ls7 r 2ohm to a 4ohm load. That will give me 3ohms? So I have the right idea then?
If you wire them parallel you'll end up with 1.666 ohms. Wire the Ls7 2 ohm to 1 ohm and run the subs in series for a 3 ohm load. Actually the best solution (IMHO) is to wire the 4 ohm sub to 8 ohms and wire the 2 ohm sub to 4 ohms and run the subs in parallel for a 2.666 ohm load at the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...