Which ~2000w mono?

Didn't Wolfram burn a lot of people when their warehouse was "robbed" a few years ago?
I agree taramps would be a good idea since OP is squishing the amp, and taramps have fans. I don't like the sound of my taramps though.

Impedance changes as frequency changes. Box has nothing to do with it.

RF makes amazing products (minus their cheap prime and punch garbage), and they are consistently underrated. Has your budget changed? If you can afford it and don't plan to ever go bigger subs, this amp will serve you well.

Or a pickup. Pet peeve of mine is people calling their passenger vehicle a truck. I got it from my dad, who works on actual trucks.
Correction, light truck. Though I think the distinction will go unnoticed in this forum. First I’ve heard of that being a pet peeve and I’ve been around heavy equipment my whole life. To each their own, haha!

Budget is flexible. The price of the Trinity 3000.1 is tempting though. I may not hear the difference running at 4 ohms, who knows?

As for power, no, I’ll never go higher. If anything I may go down if I choose to go with a more “musical” sub like a morel in the future if I’m unhappy with this setup.

I have been very happy with the Hooligan H-KO3. That wolfram looks promising too, but $699... At a $100 less and from this seller (have purchased EXL's from the years ago- good customer service) you get a 3 year warranty on the refurbished unit at $599.

There was a time when I would say that Taramps, specifically, were not all that reliable. THe newer, more expensive version Smart Bass models look good - except for the x-overs, they **** (very temperamental, cheap-ish pots too).

I'm not apposed to fullbridge designs as I have seen other 3K full bridge amps that are closer to that $500 mark too. THe Taramps Smart Bass 3k is one that I would consider because I run fully active, amp crossovers not in use.

I've researched the MMATS, they, like DS18 look to have both full and half bridge offerings in this same price range, just never used one and can't really speak to the product line.

I will say this, the H-KO3 Hooligan is built like a tank!

Last edited:
Didn't Wolfram burn a lot of people when their warehouse was "robbed" a few years ago?
I agree taramps would be a good idea since OP is squishing the amp, and taramps have fans. I don't like the sound of my taramps though.

Impedance changes as frequency changes. Box has nothing to do with it.

RF makes amazing products (minus their cheap prime and punch garbage), and they are consistently underrated. Has your budget changed? If you can afford it and don't plan to ever go bigger subs, this amp will serve you well.

Or a pickup. Pet peeve of mine is people calling their passenger vehicle a truck. I got it from my dad, who works on actual trucks.

They may have, I don’t pay attention to them that close just I know the amps they offer, I know where they come from and they are indeed the nicer of the Korean offerings and aren’t marked up insanely. Could always buy them direct of course but warranty would be the biggest issue 😕. If they were indeed robbed, Id hope they had insurance and after getting paid made people whole again 😕.

@djdilliodon! oh trust me it happened there was a big thread on it here at one time. The owner of Wolfram decided to start up another company called "surge" iirc. IIRC pop had posted that a month or so ago. All sorts of drama with the wolfram stuff. Tbh I don't know of anyone that has bought from them because of all that stuff that happened.

I have been very happy with the Hooligan H-KO3. That wolfram looks promising too, but $699... At a $100 less and from this seller (have purchased EXL's from the years ago- good customer service) you get a 3 year warranty on the refurbished unit at $599.

There was a time when I would say that Taramps, specifically, were not all that reliable. THe newer, more expensive version Smart Bass models look good - except for the x-overs, they **** (very temperamental, cheap-ish pots too).

I'm not apposed to fullbridge designs as I have seen other 3K full bridge amps that are closer to that $500 mark too. THe Taramps Smart Bass 3k is one that I would consider because I run fully active, amp crossovers not in use.

I've researched the MMATS, they, like DS18 look to have both full and half bridge offerings in this same price range, just never used one and can't really speak to the product line.

I will say this, the H-KO3 Hooligan is built like a tank!
I'm glad you like your amp but you don't have to recommend it every single time. It just appears whether true or false that you have little experience with various brands.

Mmats makes damn good amps, the stereo integrity amps regardless of where they are made are damn good, sundown salt are damn good, Rockford punch and power are good, jls rd1500 is decent enough, really most of the big brands make quality amps just at higher prices.

I'll likely never buy an amp bigger than 1500w from a main stream brand due to price per watt alone.

Those Rockford t2500bdcp amps are very well build but they damn well should be. I personally would buy a sundown salt 3 instead.

We all choose which path we want to go, well know quality at a higher price or take a gamble at a newer company at a much more competitive price.

I for one rarely notice a difference in amplifiers of similar quality.

No, he/you didn't nail it and no need to make it personal because YOU don't like what I do or think by sharing a preference based on personal knowhow or like, that's somehow - less relevant?

I share based on my experience with a particular product and stipulate as such. Lending my experience to other products I know to be good quality without actually owning them, is not better than actual hands on experience, but given based on the reputation of the use by others, nothing wrong with that either.

I've used upwards of 20 different mono amps in my 40 years, that Hooligan is what I currently run and like. The reference to that particular amp is not a reference to the entire line. I've used both the EXL and the Hooligans, both of Korean design and build, and if one can afford it the Hooligan is a little better.

I advise relative to the OPs use and my experience and knowledge gained, you don't have to like it, you don't have to agree with it, you don't need to get snarky or critical of the preference unless you have something of a personal experience that may inform to the contrary. It's subjective, it's often just an opinoin and like a$$holes, everyone's got one.

I never disparage others recommendations, on the contrary, often endorse them on the general consensus, merit of your experience and reputations of the product.

Y-al seems a tad bit hypocritical to me.

Last edited:
@djdilliodon! oh trust me it happened there was a big thread on it here at one time. The owner of Wolfram decided to start up another company called "surge" iirc. IIRC pop had posted that a month or so ago. All sorts of drama with the wolfram stuff. Tbh I don't know of anyone that has bought from them because of all that stuff that happened.

Knowing that, I would retract my recommendation of buying one from them. Good news is, many use that same build house. Crescendo and incriminator come to mind.

Knowing that, I would retract my recommendation of buying one from them. Good news is, many use that same build house. Crescendo and incriminator come to mind.
I remember reading that thread too, unfortunate, looks like a nice product. Crescendo, man, thanks for the reminder, awesome product line - especially the Revolution when considering an AB - and Incriminator amps, really nice, really bad a$$ $hit as well.

Last edited:
I remember reading that thread too, unfortunate, looks like a nice product. Crescendo, man, thanks for the reminder, awesome product line - especially the Revolution when considering an AB - and Incriminator amps, really nice, really bad a$$ $hit as well.
The IX-8.1 is calling my name but I need a smaller foot print 😕. Next setup I don’t think I’ll have the room the way I have to do it.

O
The IX-8.1 is calling my name but I need a smaller foot print 😕. Next setup I don’t think I’ll have the room the way I have to do it.
Oh man, they are so sweet! I am considering that IX4.1. It actually has a smaller or about the same footprint as my H-KO3... so other than money, no excuse!

Last edited:
I've been running an Incriminator IX3.1 for 5ish months. So far so good!
Incriminator has always been one of the better small companies. One of my first large amps was an early model 40.1. thing was a beast and did well over rated and I ran it at 16v and .5ohm. I also had a pair of early death penalty 18s back then. First ever blow through I ever did in a 2001 Chevy s10

No, he/you didn't nail it and no need to make it personal because YOU don't like what I do or think by sharing a preference based on personal knowhow or like, that's somehow - less relevant?

I share based on my experience with a particular product and stipulate as such. Lending my experience to other products I know to be good quality without actually owning them, is not better than actual hands on experience, but given based on the reputation of the use by others, nothing wrong with that either.

I've used upwards of 20 different mono amps in my 40 years, that Hooligan is what I currently run and like. The reference to that particular amp is not a reference to the entire line. I've used both the EXL and the Hooligans, both of Korean design and build, and if one can afford it the Hooligan is a little better.

I advise relative to the OPs use and my experience and knowledge gained, you don't have to like it, you don't have to agree with it, you don't need to get snarky or critical of the preference unless you have something of a personal experience that may inform to the contrary. It's subjective, it's often just an opinoin and like a$$holes, everyone's got one.

I never disparage others recommendations, on the contrary, often endorse them on the general consensus, merit of your experience and reputations of the product.

Y-al seems a tad bit hypocritical to me.
@winkychevelle definitely nailed it. There are too many people who advocate for products without reason. "I had one amp that was good, so it must be the best" mentality. I don't have an opinion on your recommendation, because I haven't heard of it or used it. I said he nailed it because you came across as biased. I didn't mean it as a jab against you.

@winkychevelle definitely nailed it. There are too many people who advocate for products without reason. "I had one amp that was good, so it must be the best" mentality. I don't have an opinion on your recommendation, because I haven't heard of it or used it. I said he nailed it because you came across as biased. I didn't mean it as a jab against you.
Fair enough. I generally only refer to products that I use (or have used in builds) or are very familiar with their characteristics. I just think to do otherwise or suggests that it isn't a good practice or somehow disingenuous, kind of smacks as hypocritical.

I never say what I like is the best, only share my experiences; we all promote that which we know and like, nothing wrong with that and it's helpful to the noobs who might know what I post, what I've used or how many times I've promoted a specific product.

I usually include that I have used several in a given line and have noted that many times that I have used several of the Hooligans and several in the EXL lines with great results often stipulating that I have not used any other DS18 equipment as well.

Really shouldn't have to qualify that every time but maybe I'll start.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

GoldCountryCA

CarAudio.com Recruit
GoldCountryCA
Northern Ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies