Which ~2000w mono?

Fair enough. I generally only refer to products that I use (or have used in builds) or are very familiar with their characteristics. I just think to do otherwise or suggests that it isn't a good practice or somehow disingenuous, kind of smacks as hypocritical.

I never say what I like is the best, only share my experiences; we all promote that which we know and like, nothing wrong with that and it's helpful to the noobs who might know what I post, what I've used or how many times I've promoted a specific product.

I usually include that I have used several in a given line and have noted that many times that I have used several of the Hooligans and several in the EXL lines with great results often stipulating that I have not used any other DS18 equipment as well.

Really shouldn't have to qualify that every time but maybe I'll start.
Noted. My comment wasn't meant directly at you. We have seen our share of fanboys.

Last edited:
Yes we do.;)
Technically my post wasn't meant to be an attack at you it was simple to point out my external view of how your post comes off to me.

And well if I view it that way others likely do too.

I never said you did anything wrong but if we take to tunnel vision on a single item or view we more often than not miss out on other options and opportunities.

If no one told you that it looks like you were being a fanboy would you have known? Would you of stopped and thought is there more I can offer than my current favorite item?

Like I said in that post "whether true or not" that's how it appeared from my external view.

You don't come off near as aggressive at diyma either couldn't tell you why.

Last edited:
Hey, It's all good - and point taken. Appreciate the reply, love all the good info on here. Even as a seasoned vet, this $shiz changes so fast, learn something knew all the time!

Hey all,

Thanks for all your input. I researched them all quite a bit, but ended up settling on the kicker 1800. It’s exactly the power I need and delivers it at one and two ohm. From what I’ve read, that’s a good thing to keep power levels consistent as the cone is moving.

Hey all,

Thanks for all your input. I researched them all quite a bit, but ended up settling on the kicker 1800. It’s exactly the power I need and delivers it at one and two ohm. From what I’ve read, that’s a good thing to keep power levels consistent as the cone is moving.
Kicker still makes some really reliable amplifiers for sure. Should serve well

Technically my post wasn't meant to be an attack at you it was simple to point out my external view of how your post comes off to me.

And well if I view it that way others likely do too.

I never said you did anything wrong but if we take to tunnel vision on a single item or view we more often than not miss out on other options and opportunities.

If no one told you that it looks like you were being a fanboy would you have known? Would you of stopped and thought is there more I can offer than my current favorite item?

Like I said in that post "whether true or not" that's how it appeared from my external view.

You don't come off near as aggressive at diyma either couldn't tell you why.

Kinda like honda over @diyma with SQL subs? lol..

He ain't wrong about sql's taking power 😂
No but mentioning it in every single post about sqls which were/are a current forum boner over there gets old fast.

Like do I really believe he is fully utilizing that mmats lsx 4k on the sqls? Of course not but he has headroom which is good.

He isn't even running the sqls right now he is running bhrama x subs instead

My smart3 isn't dialed back and my sql-15's take everything I can give them like a champ. I can see the less efficient 12's taking 4k off a clean signal

My smart3 isn't dialed back and my sql-15's take everything I can give them like a champ. I can see the less efficient 12's taking 4k off a clean signal
That's not what I mean

Box rise and impedance shift mean it's seeing 3kw much less often than one would expect.

And yes I would expect t a 2.75inch coil to handle 1500w easily and 2kw wouldn't be a stretch with a responsible/knowledgeable user

That's not what I mean

Box rise and impedance shift mean it's seeing 3kw much less often than one would expect.

And yes I would expect t a 2.75inch coil to handle 1500w easily and 2kw wouldn't be a stretch with a responsible/knowledgeable user
I get it. I'd never run a tone through at full tilt to test just how much they can take before it goes all willie nelson either 🤣

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

GoldCountryCA

CarAudio.com Recruit
GoldCountryCA
Northern Ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views