Whats the Best KICKER Audio Subwoofer to go with for the Best Sound ? ? ? ?

In my opinion, 10's hit.. 12's punch.. and 15's+ get low. So, question is, which sound do you prefer? Guess it pends on the type of music you like to listen to. Too add, I can't really explain what a hit, punch, or lowness sounds like, but you get the gist of it...
Are you going to try and say my fi sp4 15 doesn't "hit" or isn't "punchy" because its a 15? lmao

In my opinion, 10's hit.. 12's punch.. and 15's+ get low. So, question is, which sound do you prefer? Guess it pends on the type of music you like to listen to. Too add, I can't really explain what a hit, punch, or lowness sounds like, but you get the gist of it...
And by the way getting low has lots of other factors than just cone area. Like cabin size or box design...

Are you going to try and say my fi sp4 15 doesn't "hit" or isn't "punchy" because its a 15? lmao
No, I'm not trying to say your 15 doesn't "hit". I'm not trying to say it doesn't "knock" either... but I was BROADLY trying to put something in words, in which words really can't describe. Instead of roasting someone TRYING to help, maybe you can explain it to him a little bit better... jus saying. From your reply, I take it you think there is no sound difference in 10", 12", & 15" subs.... soooo PLEASE ELABORATE FOR US DUMMIES, if you would be so kind, please sir... WTF?

No, I'm not trying to say your 15 doesn't "hit". I'm not trying to say it doesn't "knock" either... but I was BROADLY trying to put something in words, in which words really can't describe. Instead of roasting someone TRYING to help, maybe you can explain it to him a little bit better... jus saying. From your reply, I take it you think there is no sound difference in 10", 12", & 15" subs.... soooo PLEASE ELABORATE FOR US DUMMIES, if you would be so kind, please sir... WTF?
I have an 8 that can get super low. I also have an 18 that can play higher sub stage frequencies. It depends mainly on the install.

I have an 8 that can get super low. I also have an 18 that can play higher sub stage frequencies. It depends mainly on the install.
Appreciate the knowledge and again I was trying to explain Broadly... which means there are tons of other factors and exceptions. On the same note, if you take two run of the mill subs, same brand, one 8" and one 15" (say MTX sub), hook them to same amp, using same style box, theoretically, the 15" sub will produce and perform better than the 8", on the lower bass note frequencies... to an extent... (THIS IS HYPOTHETICAL, AS WE ALL KNOW THERE ARE A BAZILLION FACTORS THAT CAUSE DEVIATION IN MY STATEMENT)

Appreciate the knowledge and again I was trying to explain Broadly... which means there are tons of other factors and exceptions. On the same note, if you take two run of the mill subs, same brand, one 8" and one 15" (say MTX sub), hook them to same amp, using same style box, theoretically, the 15" sub will produce and perform better than the 8", on the lower bass note frequencies... to an extent... (THIS IS HYPOTHETICAL, AS WE ALL KNOW THERE ARE A BAZILLION FACTORS THAT CAUSE DEVIATION IN MY STATEMENT)
No, this is not true. Quit spreading bullcrap.

Im just busting your ***** man but anyway brand, cabin size, box design all play a factor in what your setup sounds like. You cant just label 15's as only good for getting low and 10's for being more punchy, my 15 will hit double kick peddals with the best of them and feels like someone is punching you in the chest and moves a good amount of air on lower notes. You can make a sub do whatever you want, As @cfox10 said 8's can get very low in the proper application its just that bigger subs have more cone area and can mve more air, I think that is what you were refering to. didnt mean to come off as an *** by the way haha

Explain better much??? Or just a quick ante on the post count???
Being "punchy" depends on the enclosure. Same with low end extension. It's not entirely dependant on the subwoofer. A lot of people believe this myth that you posted because "midranges are 6.5" and tweeters are 1" " - but that's because of beaming which isn't an issue with bass frequencies.

No, this is not true. Quit spreading bullcrap.
Let me go ahead, and jump the gun while I'm at, since that seems to be the NORM around here:

SO, YOU BELIEVE THERE IS NO SOUND DIFFERENCE FROM 8" TO 18" SUBS EITHER HUH? 8 SOUNDS JUST LIKE 18" HUH? CAN CARRY SAME FREQUENCIES AND PERFORM JUST ALIKE ON ANY AND ALL LEVELS HUH?

Here's a thought: Instead of just posting blank theories with no supporting evidence (not saying there isn't any to report, simply pointing out you did not post any), stroke a few more keys Einstein, and explain.... UNLESS.... It's truly about the post count rather than post content.... LOL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.