Just bought this kicker sub. The amp i have is trash. Whats a good recomended amp that that wont over heat or protect? On me

Swole

CarAudio.com Newbie
NC
Need a amp that will do good with this sub. It's a 500 watt 15 inch kicker. Any recommendations? The amp I have now is a 2200 watt amp but it's not a good brand. And keeps over heating and going into protect. Says it's a 2200 watt amp. But I'm calling bull shi*. I can't figure out how to upload a photo of the sub so here's a amazon link to the one I purchased.

Amazon product ASIN B01F2SNCNQ

This would be a great amp to run that sub @4 ohms mono, with some room for an upgrade if you decide to run another @2ohms as a pair. Im running a 2k atm on a pair of 1k tens @2ohm. in 4.0 @32htz dammned good amp for the $

Last edited:
Need a amp that will do good with this sub. It's a 500 watt 15 inch kicker. Any recommendations? The amp I have now is a 2200 watt amp but it's not a good brand. And keeps over heating and going into protect. Says it's a 2200 watt amp. But I'm calling bull shi*. I can't figure out how to upload a photo of the sub so here's a amazon link to the one I purchased.

Those C series subs are some really decent subs. Ive ran several 10s and 12s in the past and have helped put quite a few in

Whats your budget? What size power supply wiring and ground wiring do you have installed atm? What vehicle? Trying to determine alt size and battery size of existing Stock if no upgrades were made)

What amp you using?
Im using a CT Sounds CT 2000.1 at the moment running @2ohms on a pair of S.Qubed 1200 RMS 10s in 4.0@32htz.. Ive used an Autotek BTS 7150 and a Hifonics Cyclops and Hercules VII on those older version Kickers and an Autotek mean Machine 99 ,66, 66HC, 44,and 44HC

Last edited:
This would be a great amp to run that sub @4 ohms mono, with some room for an upgrade if you decide to run another @2ohms as a pair. Im running a 2k atm on a pair of 1k tens @2ohm. in 4.0 @32htz dammned good amp for the $

I was going to recommend the 1k version but for $40 more you will get the RMS you really need out of the 1500 and would be a great amp for future upgrade if you decide too. may wait and see if they have a 4th July sale and even get it at a much better price if you have time to wait on a Sale??

Whats your budget? What size power supply wiring and ground wiring do you have installed atm? What vehicle? Trying to determine alt size and battery size of existing Stock if no upgrades were made)
I'd like to keep it as cheap as possible lol. I just don't want it protecting. Here's my current amp. My wiring isn't an issue. I rechecked today to be sure I wasn't tripping. All fuses are good. I flip the switch to 12 dB and it bangs a few times and then protects. I keep it on 6db it's OK but it's not what I want. And if I turn it up to hi.. same issue. Red light. If I keep it low it just gets hot as shi*

Chevy cruze 2018

I bought the 1200 watt wiring kit. I think it was 8 Guage. Don't quote me on that..

It's the stock stereo. I'm using a speaker converter for the rca cables due to my back up camera and all kinds of other stuff I don't wanna mess up.

After reading the box... You think the amp is just a shi*ty amp? Or is it the speaker converter sending unwanted noise to the sub witch causes it to protect. Cause I can not get the words to stop playing. Even with the LPF all the way down. It's faint but the words still come through ever so slightly

Attachments

• 16877371059725862255327416609671.jpg
    16877371059725862255327416609671.jpg
    805.2 KB · Views: 21

Try gladen 1300 watt amp it was around 500 bucks.

HA, how do you overkill something? Jk...

The new stinger line of amps is a great product, strapable too. If you need to start slow, you can gradually add more as your build grows.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...