Whats the Best KICKER Audio Subwoofer to go with for the Best Sound ? ? ? ?

EXACTLY!!!!! Ive been wanting to say this for awhile. Sundown, SSA, IA are just the new flavor of the month. Not saying they are bad, but look at what used to be the flavor, DD, FI, RE, several others I cant remember...... its hilarious to me. Also most of these subs resemble each other big time. Same parts more than likely. Just sayin. Its all hype. I run a Kicker CompVR 12 in a ported box with 300watts and it sound fantastic to me. So, stop the hating like Wingman0121 has said. Kicker is a great product. Just because Walmart and retail stores sell their lower lines, independent audio shops sell all of their products. So they must not be to shabby.
Yea, kicker is da bomb. Nice thread resurrection, btw

I didnt say that at all. I am saying they are good, not the best. They arent Boss or Pyle.
If we're talking mainstream brands, I'd rather have Alpine for a similar price. I would not spend money on or recommend Kicker subs. Their amps are different than their subs. It seems like two different companies.

You can run whatever you want. If it makes you happy, that's what matters

Also, if sound(s) doesn't matter, one twelve could exceed two tens, or vice versa pending the company who made it.

I just realized how dumb I sounded trying to explain hit,punch and getting low, but to better explain, some songs sound great with 10's because there isn't much low bass, and lots of quick, high bass notes. Then there are songs, That get pretty low, and the 10's distort as to where the 12's would sound fine playing.
You still sound dumb. Quit while you're ahead.

Hahaha......... you are hilarious. No seriously, you are funny. LOL
take apart a kicker sub and see whats inside, for the same money, I can get better performance elsewhere a sundown E vs a CVR 12 is no comparison in build quality and the sundown E is priced lower, not to mention their upcoming V3 lines are basically sundown SA v1.5s which are beast woofers. They have reached a point where their entry level line matches their former standard lines that got them pretty famous and kept at a low price, not many companies can achieve that. They are not flavors of the month, they've been at it for years constantly doing RnD trying to improve their products every year. What does kicker do? keep on cutting corners and ride on their kicker name. I'd rather support a company where the owners constantly try to perfect their products rather than one spending all its time on marketing. Its just my preference.

take apart a kicker sub and see whats inside, for the same money, I can get better performance elsewhere a sundown E vs a CVR 12 is no comparison in build quality and the sundown E is priced lower, not to mention their upcoming V3 lines are basically sundown SA v1.5s which are beast woofers. They have reached a point where their entry level line matches their former standard lines that got them pretty famous and kept at a low price, not many companies can achieve that. They are not flavors of the month, they've been at it for years constantly doing RnD trying to improve their products every year. What does kicker do? keep on cutting corners and ride on their kicker name. I'd rather support a company where the owners constantly try to perfect their products rather than one spending all its time on marketing. Its just my preference.
Yea, Kicker is just trying to cut costs and stay a known name, so people buy their products. A few people on here have said they used to be good.

Well, I have the CompVR installed and it sounds very good. It drops low, and has alot of impact for a sub getting 350 clean watts. As adulbrich said, Im happy so its all good.

I looked up the Sundown E, its a nice sub. Has about the same XMAX as the CompVR it also has push terminals, and a 2" aluminum VC like the VR. But the E has a paper cone with a foam surround. The VR has some nice extras like a ribbed santoprene surround glued and stitched to a Poly cone. I havent heard the Sundown and Im sure it sounds great. But you get alot of value with the CompVR IMHO.

Surely you havent missed the big double stacked slugs popping out at you along with the chamfered solid pole piece and direct voice coil gap ventilation lol, cooling and motorforce on this sub is top notch for its price. Most people can throw 250-800 and the sub will handle it fine. I think you were looking at the discontinued EV.1 since thats the first thing that pops up in the search feature.

pretty sure the Xmax of cvr12 is 12.73 and it does not display motor force (BL) in its ts parameters

http://www.kicker.com/app/manuals/subwoofers/compVR/2010_CompVR_f01.pdf

I've heard plenty of CVRs in my city and its big jump from a sundown E in sound quality and output, gets low and sound smooth. Both were in decent enclosures.

go with 1 12 cvr, slot ported box 2.5cf net tuned to 31hz with 12sqin of port per cube. I have the specs to that if you end up getting a 12. or whatever you get, let me know and ill design a box for you. for FREE. forget ppl who try to charge.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.