Whats the Best KICKER Audio Subwoofer to go with for the Best Sound ? ? ? ?

Listen up:

You people only say Kicker is no good because it's "mainstream" like a bunch of immature highschool kids hating on whatever their parents are into, keep in mind that Kicker's been around before some of you were even a sperm in a sack. Your internet brands are either copycats of each other or ones that hire someone else oversea to design for them, they're all made in China/India/anywhere besides USA but most people aren't going to realize that. Assembled in the US is not made in US, that disqualifies 100% of the internet brands from being able to say "made in the USA" even though some still do to get that sales pitch. You are paying pricy items to increase job security of someone oversea instead of a brand that have physical dealer stores in the US with employees living in the US paying taxes in the US and spending their money in the US, I hope you feel good about it. Oh and brands like Sundown/DC/SSA/IA/whatever can only dream to get a sales deal with Walmart because that's immense amount of revenue, but you wouldn't understand that either and probably hate it because "what a sell out durrr."

OP define "good sound", what is good sound to you? Lot of bass? Smooth frequency response and volume-matched to the mids and tweeter? I'm going to guess lots of bass because the new generation of car audio fans don't seem to understand good sound these days, "louder is better" and "fat bass to go with that rap or trap music." Anyway, a Single 12" CVX in a 1.6~2 cubic feet ported box tuned to 35Hz with about 500~800 watts RMS would be good. Don't get square Kicker subs unless you want more bass than sound quality. The L7 will be louder and go lower than the CVX due to extra cone area but will sound a bit sloppy, but some people like that fatty bass. Solo-X are beasts but again they are made to just get loud and low and can take 2000 watts RMS no sweat, but don't sound smooth while at it. The Warhorse is a stupid idea for OP because that thing needs as much electrical upgrades as any other 10,000 watt amp to run it correctly. Solo-Baric classics are hard to find (discontinued) and the original solo-barics and comp/compVRs are usually old and used up. I've used just about every Kicker series of subs, even the XPLs from the late 90s to the discontinued Solo-Xs. Anyone who say Kicker is no good are people with no experience in them.

Lmfao!^^^^^^
This^^^...He's edjimukated.Imma get some o dem cvx's.Dey do duh bang bang..Mayb some skweares.Dem got da big sloppie boom boom..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/silly.gif.3549b64aaa5b6729eb8e865319a3234f.gif

In my opinion, 10's hit.. 12's punch.. and 15's+ get low. So, question is, which sound do you prefer? Guess it pends on the type of music you like to listen to. Too add, I can't really explain what a hit, punch, or lowness sounds like, but you get the gist of it...
Quite possibly the most inaccurate post I have ever seen on this site.

Listen up:
You people only say Kicker is no good because it's "mainstream" like a bunch of immature highschool kids hating on whatever their parents are into, keep in mind that Kicker's been around before some of you were even a sperm in a sack. Your internet brands are either copycats of each other or ones that hire someone else oversea to design for them, they're all made in China/India/anywhere besides USA but most people aren't going to realize that. Assembled in the US is not made in US, that disqualifies 100% of the internet brands from being able to say "made in the USA" even though some still do to get that sales pitch. You are paying pricy items to increase job security of someone oversea instead of a brand that have physical dealer stores in the US with employees living in the US paying taxes in the US and spending their money in the US, I hope you feel good about it. Oh and brands like Sundown/DC/SSA/IA/whatever can only dream to get a sales deal with Walmart because that's immense amount of revenue, but you wouldn't understand that either and probably hate it because "what a sell out durrr."

OP define "good sound", what is good sound to you? Lot of bass? Smooth frequency response and volume-matched to the mids and tweeter? I'm going to guess lots of bass because the new generation of car audio fans don't seem to understand good sound these days, "louder is better" and "fat bass to go with that rap or trap music." Anyway, a Single 12" CVX in a 1.6~2 cubic feet ported box tuned to 35Hz with about 500~800 watts RMS would be good. Don't get square Kicker subs unless you want more bass than sound quality. The L7 will be louder and go lower than the CVX due to extra cone area but will sound a bit sloppy, but some people like that fatty bass. Solo-X are beasts but again they are made to just get loud and low and can take 2000 watts RMS no sweat, but don't sound smooth while at it. The Warhorse is a stupid idea for OP because that thing needs as much electrical upgrades as any other 10,000 watt amp to run it correctly. Solo-Baric classics are hard to find (discontinued) and the original solo-barics and comp/compVRs are usually old and used up. I've used just about every Kicker series of subs, even the XPLs from the late 90s to the discontinued Solo-Xs. Anyone who say Kicker is no good are people with no experience in them.
But square waves are the best.

10 punch lik puupuuu 12 jus do the powpuuupooooo 15 get dat low low poooaaaaapaooao

It nit eazy to splain bu dey soun differnt lik a 15 will play loudr den 6 10 cause dey jus got the punc

I know wa I talk bout I got lots of spearience

Jes can back me up. Had kicker l5 12s hit decent but got a set of xfl 10s right after hands down shut kicker down on same amp lol
Yep..I talked you into droppin that square poop and now look.You are twice as loud for dam near same money as the L5's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Listen up:
I needed a good laugh on this stressful morning.

I can get a Sundown/DC/SSA/IA in the same price bracket as the Kicker equal and get louder and have better quality. Yes I understand about supporting our economy and what not, but I prefer the better price:performance ratio, even if that means they're made using slave labor somewhere.

Listen up:

I wouldn't want us (SSA) in Wallyworld. They would force us to build over seas due to demanding costs to be as low as possible. It would totally change the quality of the product and be against what we have been for from day one. So I would rather be on a reputable online store and maybe a few shops, instead of sacrificing quality and ethics for higher volume and more money.

Listen up:

This was entertaining to read.

Does your Boss 4k power your L7s and their deep bass?

in response to op..find a nib/nos Stillwater Designs ( Kicker Seperates ) C- series for sealed or F- series for ported/freeair on ebay... will not need alot of power and will be crystal clear and reasonably loud on low power...

Listen up:

EXACTLY!!!!! Ive been wanting to say this for awhile. Sundown, SSA, IA are just the new flavor of the month. Not saying they are bad, but look at what used to be the flavor, DD, FI, RE, several others I cant remember...... its hilarious to me. Also most of these subs resemble each other big time. Same parts more than likely. Just sayin. Its all hype. I run a Kicker CompVR 12 in a ported box with 300watts and it sound fantastic to me. So, stop the hating like Wingman0121 has said. Kicker is a great product. Just because Walmart and retail stores sell their lower lines, independent audio shops sell all of their products. So they must not be to shabby.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.