Whats your opinion

Law luck 1

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I need advice folks. I have been building and rebuilding my system for 3 years. As of now I think it sounds fairly decent. So I usually hate when folks start bragging about there system but it may be the only way to get advice. So I am using morel 3 ways up front. I am terrible with model numbers so please dont think I am being snide when i list prices but I think its the best way for you to figure what I am using. My 3 ways were 1200. The rear morel coaxials were 650.00. The 6 channel amp and 12 channel dsp combo from helix was 1400.00. My sub is a ground zero 650.00 and amp from sub is a gladen it was 550.00 single channel 1300 watts. In a ported box. Its a 17 honda accord lx they set it up so I could use my factory head unit or the bluetooth dongle straight from my samsung s23 ultra. I use tidals top tier service. The car is a sound matted. It sounds really good. It was done by css in Cincinnati. So my question is my sub is just not loud enough. Oh and its a 10inch. Running at 1ohm. I just don't think and I believe its sql is what it should be. So I am wanting a different sub. Oh and I have 6.5 inch millie pro woofers running of an audison 4 channel amp bridged in the front doors as well. So subs I have been considering 2 morel 8s. Hertz millie pro ten in sealed box. Audio frog twelve. Focal 10inch sub is think utopia it is 1100.00 maybe jl? I have also hear arc audio? I want punch with more volume. I am a rock blues jazz guy. Some heavy metal. And rarely rap/hip hop. So what do you think folks

And I get 1300 isnt a lot for a sub but I think it should be louder more full. I dont care to rattle folks doors off but the sub just seems shallow

Last edited:
You've spent a lot of money to be running all that off a factory head unit. I'd be curious what the voltage is. Factory head units aren't designed for people like us. They're budgeted down to be good enough for the majority of buyers, who frankly wouldn't notice or care for it to get loud. I have no idea about how a 17 honda head unit is, but $120 deck is usually better.

Before you go spending money on subs and boxes. You should start here (in reverse):

You should go and measure the AC voltage coming off your sub amp's terminals/wire. Do the math, and see if you were getting the wattage you want.
Gladen lists 2 1ch amps that do 1300w RMS. Both are at 2ohm (3200c1, 1800c1)

Then I see for Ground Zero lists 3 subs in that power range:
I hope this is the one you have:

GZHW 25XSPL-D1 1200RMS 1ohm DVC​

not​

GZHW 25XSPL-D2 - 1200RMS 2ohm DVC​

GZRW 10XSPL 600w RMS 2ohm DVC​

If it's that first one, there's still quite a bit left on the table. If it's one of the others, then we have a problem.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...