Whats the Best KICKER Audio Subwoofer to go with for the Best Sound ? ? ? ?

I'm looking at getting a kicker sub and would like to know what you guys feel is the best sub to go with for the best sound? Going to be a smaller sealed box.
Best to go with 1 12" or 2 10" ?

Thanks.
Where u located I'l shoot u a 15" L5 for stupid cheap....

Exactly what series and amp are you looking to get?Kicker is ok to start out with but look at a few other brands that may be in your price range also.

Last edited by a moderator:
How much space available?

Lots of woofers to choose from Kicker...

I'm looking at getting a kicker sub and would like to know what you guys feel is the best sub to go with for the best sound? Going to be a smaller sealed box.

Thanks.

In my opinion, 10's hit.. 12's punch.. and 15's+ get low. So, question is, which sound do you prefer? Guess it pends on the type of music you like to listen to. Too add, I can't really explain what a hit, punch, or lowness sounds like, but you get the gist of it...

Thanks.
Also, if sound(s) doesn't matter, one twelve could exceed two tens, or vice versa pending the company who made it.
In my opinion, 10's hit.. 12's punch.. and 15's+ get low. So, question is, which sound do you prefer? Guess it pends on the type of music you like to listen to. Too add, I can't really explain what a hit, punch, or lowness sounds like, but you get the gist of it...
I just realized how dumb I sounded trying to explain hit,punch and getting low, but to better explain, some songs sound great with 10's because there isn't much low bass, and lots of quick, high bass notes. Then there are songs, That get pretty low, and the 10's distort as to where the 12's would sound fine playing.

Lulzisaurus.

Spot on.

I'll will repeat a question; Why kicker? Typically, they require larger boxes, whether sealed or ported. The upper tier ones can perform well, but again, they need LOTS of space to do so.

I just realized how dumb I sounded trying to explain hit,punch and getting low, but to better explain, some songs sound great with 10's because there isn't much low bass, and lots of quick, high bass notes. Then there are songs, That get pretty low, and the 10's distort as to where the 12's would sound fine playing.

I have a sed of dd redline 608's, and I am willing to bet that you can't guess what size subs I have running in my car by ear.

Which model(s) are you referring to?

CVX/L7, Classics, VR's - can all run in pretty tiny boxes...

I'll will repeat a question; Why kicker? Typically, they require larger boxes, whether sealed or ported. The upper tier ones can perform well, but again, they need LOTS of space to do so.

I have a sed of dd redline 608's, and I am willing to bet that you can't guess what size subs I have running in my car by ear.
I probably couldn't provided it's tuned correctly, but I was just providing a broad explanation. Broad isn't good, but better than having no clue or starting point. Of course when you go up in quantity on any sub, it changes the sound some. People ask me all the time how many 15's do I have or sometimes 12's. They often have/had no clue 10's could sound that way, but when you have (8), makes a difference. I'm talking regular old, people without true car stereo knowledge, not say a bass comp judge.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.