What subs hit harder then jlw3 for under $100?

first off lets see if we can get you some output without you spending money first. volum up high like 90% if possible. Gain down low, no bass boost. Low pass filters at 80hz, Sub level high up, now play your hardest hitting song and raise the gain till it stops getting louder and back it off a slight bit.
Ill try this when off. Set “ sub output” to max? And “bsss engine” setting on hu?

No Bull ****... this sub in a 10" version hit louder and lower than my Punch P2D2 12" I would imagine the 12" version is quite the beast as well and it is less than $100 with free shipping on the bay of E's Mind you he had his 10 on a very nice Old School Soundstream amp.

Follow this link ---------------------> Sub Link
You right. I swapped that sub out for this JLW3 and put the gothic sub in my truck...
Them Gothic sub hit harder then jl in same box for 200 less...jl overrated like everyone says. Jl just have Nice deep clean sound quality with no volume

Jazz music subs basically

build a proper ported box, set your gain right. thing will make your entire car shake

JLs site has the correct info on their site for ^

Honestly aside from all the posts lol, you can keep the amp and the sub but you need to change the box.

You can go bigger so you need less power to get louder, but to big will make the sub sloppy.

Or find someone who is good at box building and try to get a 4th or 6th order made for it, you will see wonders out of it you would not have thought about.

Also even if the amp is weak, check for clipping and power drop. Adding another battery near the amp would save the drop issue as a bandaid solution.

Also jl subs are NOT SPL SUBS, They are sq SUBWOOOOOFFFEERRRRSSS!!! Made to blend well with music, not to break ya dick off

Honestly aside from all the posts lol, you can keep the amp and the sub but you need to change the box.

You can go bigger so you need less power to get louder, but to big will make the sub sloppy.

Or find someone who is good at box building and try to get a 4th or 6th order made for it, you will see wonders out of it you would not have thought about.

Also even if the amp is weak, check for clipping and power drop. Adding another battery near the amp would save the drop issue as a bandaid solution.

Also jl subs are NOT SPL SUBS, They are sq SUBWOOOOOFFFEERRRRSSS!!! Made to blend well with music, not to break ya dick off
Makes perfect sense. That’s exactly how they sound blends perfectly but dont get loud at all. Even lower now that i set gain.

Ill try big box. Someone offer to sell me a punch 15 if that fails too. Its fine you just feel cheated when you dont hear atleast a tad bit of bass from outside the car

Last edited:
Makes perfect sense. That’s exactly how they sound blends perfectly but dont get loud at all. Even lower now that i set gain.

Ill try big box. Someone offer to sell me a punch 15 if that fails too. Its fine you just feel cheated when you dear atleast a tad bit of bass drom outside the car

If your gonna run a single sub then you dont need to worry about size, save your money and get a FU 750 10" or 12" or american bass xfl 10" or 12"..

Those can easily dig deep to give you that deep bass.

think you can do a demo and system run through showing your system where its at and stuff and post it on youtube so we can see what we are working with here.
Ok here it is...you probably have to put earphones to hear it. I played a bass heavy trap song. Nevermind the car radio dashboard loose i kept it like that because i might switch headunit out this weekend

Subs:Jlw3-12
Headunit playing at lever 23 out of 35
Amp: Power Acoustik 2500watt amp (rms acutally 600watts on dynos)
Gain: on half
Sub wired to 2 omhs
Bass boost: none
Sonic filter:all the way down
No LOC
Lpf on hu: 80hz
4 gage wiring kit

I mean the sub sounds good and deep when it want but not loud. It does slightly shakes the rearview at times once volume get to 21

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.