What subs hit harder then jlw3 for under $100?

holt **** thIs comp-r **** all over that shiity overpriced jlw3 without changing headunit yet. Overpowered Sub not even moving and Super deep loud quality bass, cant wait till how it sound on good headunit.
Thanks again guys.

Kicker being a mainstream brand, the subs do get loud. But they are sloppy ass ****, not the best bass if compared to most.

Consider saving money for a competition sub that isnt kicker lol, but if your happy then great.

ive built too many systems with kicker subs than I can stomach. Seemed like every damn high school kid in town bought kicker subs. They do get loud though, but the sound quality is below average.

what impedance is your W3?
Single voice coil 4 ohm

Consider saving money for a competition sub that isnt kicker lol, but if your happy then great.
yes im going with a sundown or a deafbounce i seen someone talk about on here about a year down the line. i would've went with type-r if this was my main car i drive daily.
ive built too many systems with kicker subs than I can stomach. Seemed like every damn high school kid in town bought kicker subs. They do get loud though, but the sound quality is below average.

The popular for a good reason too i seee....i see what you mean though, the jlw3 bass sound more.....refined and classy, like a sub that would go in a Mercedes off the dealership. But these will probably wont sound too sloppy for me because im not a teenager who bump super loud

Last edited:
It’s not so much that every kicker sub is crappy sound quality. It’s more that the boxes to get sound quality tend to be very large with kicker subs, especially with the lower power models. I suppose I’m a little tunnel visioned, as I prefer 15s that will perform optimally in 3.5 cubes as opposed to 5 or 6 cubes. The loudest system I’ve ever built an enclosure for was probably the one I built for 2 L7 15s in a giant enclosure. If I remember right, it was 12 cubes at 34 hz. single slot port. 2 inch baffle. Around 200 sq inches of port.

Single voice coil 4 ohm

yes im going with a sundown or a deafbounce i seen someone talk about on here about a year down the line. i would've went with type-r if this was my main car i drive daily.

The popular for a good reason too i seee....i see what you mean though, the jlw3 bass sound more.....refined and classy, like a sub that would go in a Mercedes off the dealership. But these will probably wont sound too sloppy for me because im not a teenager who bump super loud

4 ohm!!!! No wonder.....you must have crazy box rise.

It’s not so much that every kicker sub is crappy sound quality. It’s more that the boxes to get sound quality tend to be very large with kicker subs, especially with the lower power models. I suppose I’m a little tunnel visioned, as I prefer 15s that will perform optimally in 3.5 cubes as opposed to 5 or 6 cubes. The loudest system I’ve ever built an enclosure for was probably the one I built for 2 L7 15s in a giant enclosure. If I remember right, it was 12 cubes at 34 hz.
Was a kicker build years ago in Hummer (original) with a wall with three Solo X 18"s , walls of amps. Fiberglass everywhere. Speakers out the ass. Crazy build. I posted pics ohms

Have a single jlw3 12 on a power acoustic 650rms amp at half gain in ported box. The subs sounds clean, quality, and gets low but it dont hit hard like i see some ppl on youtube videos. Even at volume 20 out of 35. You dont even hear the bass from Outside the car

Any recommendations of a single 12 sub under $100 would be better?
man if you want bass like these youtube videos you are talking about you are gonna be at at least 1000. even if your sub is half the price of theirs they have 700 invested in electrical and soundproofing that you dont. is your ground good? if you are pushing 650 rms on a stock battery without big 3 and the amp isnt grade A quality i can tell you that you arent getting a clean full 650 watts. they test most of these amps on strong electrical (14.4 v) and oversized low resistance wire. what gauge is your power wire? WHERE DO YOU HAVE THE SUB. is the port close enough to a surface for the vent back pressure to work efficently? the cheapest route for you is either upgrading your electrical and making sure your install is QUALITY. Then build your own strong box designed for the sub and ported to the frequencies you like. or getting a higher quality amp that can get more out of stock electrical and doesnt need 14.4v to push its rated rms clean. also. set your gain man. like SET it. not just (halfway seems okay, but its not loud.fgweegwgwgvbw)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.