What subs hit harder then jlw3 for under $100?

That’s half powering it. The L7 can eat up 1200 rms in a small enclosure. The 12 needs almost 3.5 cubic feet to be in an optimal enclosure, and I doubt you can get one that isn’t custom. You could fit 2 W3s in that same size and have better sound quality, and be louder.

Jl gives Simple slot ported enclosure recommendations just go to their site. Also, someone mentioned your signal. Do you have a decent aftermarket hu
That im not sure of. Is this a good one or should i get another. I hear alpine the best so i went with this.... i have bass set to 0 and “subwoofer input” set to 14 out of 15..

what you think? Keep or get a pioneer?

Dude... your sub is fine... Your amp is the main problem. Go to Walmart and get a Pioneer GM series amp for the sub. Try it out... if you still want more, get a better enclosure... but no matter what you do, run a proper sized power cable and ground to the amp and NOT through the door jam. It can pinch, break the outer jacket and arc on the metal causing a short, a fire or worse.

Dude... your sub is fine... Your amp is the main problem. Go to Walmart and get a Pioneer GM series amp for the sub. Try it out... if you still want more, get a better enclosure... but no matter what you do, run a proper sized power cable and ground to the amp and NOT through the door jam. It can pinch, break the outer jacket and arc on the metal causing a short, a fire or worse.
the GM series is 100watts lower then this PA amp. Will it still be better Even though ill be switching to a lower wattage amp?

Ill check that amp out anyway thanks

Box first

the GM series is 100watts lower then this PA amp. Will it still be better Even though ill be switching to a lower wattage amp?

Ill check that amp out anyway thanks
I watched the Amp Dyno for what I am assuming is the Power Acoustik RZR1-2500D?

It seems to do fine on a restive load (the amp dyno) but that is different than being hooked up to the speaker on music. I also looked up the sub... JL says 1.75 cubic feet ported. If they recommend that size enclosure then do that, they made the sub, they know what it is designed for. I would take the Pioneer all day over the Power Acoustik. ALL DAY. You have a good start, you have a good sub... now fill in the rest. Box, Amp, Amp Power and Ground wires... Set gains correctly. Enjoy some bass.

Ill check this one out.

If the air space is what they say then it would work. I don't mind a Pre-Fab box... saves time but you have to make sure the airspace and port tuning is what the speaker calls for. I do agree that a custom enclosure is better. I am just lazy.

I watched the Amp Dyno for what I am assuming is the Power Acoustik RZR1-2500D?

It seems to do fine on a restive load (the amp dyno) but that is different than being hooked up to the speaker on music. I also looked up the sub... JL says 1.75 cubic feet ported. If they recommend that size enclosure then do that, they made the sub, they know what it is designed for. I would take the Pioneer all day over the Power Acoustik. ALL DAY. You have a good start, you have a good sub... now fill in the rest. Box, Amp, Amp Power and Ground wires... Set gains correctly. Enjoy some bass.
Makes sense. Ill pick up the pioneer.
I was going for most watttage I can get in price range at first

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.