What subs hit harder then jlw3 for under $100?

Retrofuture30

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Jan 21, 2020
Louisiana
Have a single jlw3 12 on a power acoustic 650rms amp at half gain in ported box. The subs sounds clean, quality, and gets low but it dont hit hard like i see some ppl on youtube videos. Even at volume 20 out of 35. You dont even hear the bass from Outside the car

Any recommendations of a single 12 sub under $100 would be better?

BCotrell

Senior VIP Member
May 27, 2015
irvine, ca
Lol. No way in hell im paying 300 for a sub that can possibly blow. The bass is good, just not....loud like videos i see online. Unless they have they gain maxxed on full blast
A sub Won’t typically blow on correct, clean unclipped power and right box. Why does it matter what it sounds like outside your car if you’re in the car.

Less ideal option is guessing a sub for your guessed prefab . Optimal solution is box built to specs of the sub you decide. a new sub in same box same power will be likely marginal improvement

Boomin_tahoe

Hurtin' feelings errrday.
10+ year member
Jul 24, 2005
WA
It's all in the box. Prefabs are junk/garbage. A custom one will be 100x better. Doubt you'll find anything better than JL in that price range. Now if you added another 100 or 2, then we can make suggestions. Try looking at http://www.soundqubed.com

Reactions: BCotrell

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
Have a single jlw3 12 on a power acoustic 650rms amp at half gain in ported box. The subs sounds clean, quality, and gets low but it dont hit hard like i see some ppl on youtube videos. Even at volume 20 out of 35. You dont even hear the bass from Outside the car

Any recommendations of a single 12 sub under $100 would be better?
No Bull Shit... this sub in a 10" version hit louder and lower than my Punch P2D2 12" I would imagine the 12" version is quite the beast as well and it is less than $100 with free shipping on the bay of E's Mind you he had his 10 on a very nice Old School Soundstream amp.

Follow this link ---------------------> Sub Link

YukonXL04

Senior VIP Member
Apr 20, 2017
Arlington,TX
I'm willing to bet part of your problem is that power acoustik amp. They other part is most likely the box. But at the end of they day it's still only a w3. So you can only expect so much from it.

But I would change the amp and the box before I swapped with a $100 sub

los33

Car Audio G
Apr 11, 2014
Houston, TX
Keep the sub, upgrade the box to a custom tuned box to your preference. Then upgrade your amp with better wiring as that amp doesnt get what it advertises.

Reactions: ThxOne
OP
Retrofuture30

Retrofuture30

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Jan 21, 2020
Louisiana
I'm willing to bet part of your problem is that power acoustik amp. They other part is most likely the box. But at the end of they day it's still only a w3. So you can only expect so much from it.

But I would change the amp and the box before I swapped with a $100 sub
The amp have good reviews all over internet and youtube. They say its 2400watts but really 650rms on dynos. Do you suggest a kicker compr as better? After a bigger box?

THATpurpleKUSH

Smoke weed everyday
10+ year member
Sep 30, 2009
Slums of the Shaolin
Swapping subs into a prefab box will get you nowhere.

A shitty $20 sub with a custom designed and built box will hit harder than a W3 in a generic prefab with unknown volume and tuning.

Listen to the advice others have given you. The box is the source of your problem.

OP
Retrofuture30

Retrofuture30

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Jan 21, 2020
Louisiana
<$100 for an amp, box, and sub to get loud? Yeah right
They have videos of amp pushing subs hard so why not mine

Its the sub im sure. Even the cheap $60 pa sub i had kicked slightly harder at lower gain then the jl in same box.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Trending topics

Latest classifieds