What subs hit harder then jlw3 for under $100?

That is something that you'll have to build/have built most likely... for $50 diy is worth it imo. I haven't priced a custom enclosure in awhile but if your lucky it'll be $175-200 + shipping I'd think.
It's really not hard to build one either.
they were trying to charge me 800 for a similar box to what you drew up for me. absolute robbery man. i bought a table saw for 100 bucks and 80 bucks worth of mdf and materials, should be done by this weekend. easy choice.

they were trying to charge me 800 for a similar box to what you drew up for me. absolute robbery man. i bought a table saw for 100 bucks and 80 bucks worth of mdf and materials, should be done by this weekend. easy choice.
After you get the hang of it, get some 13 ply birch and stain it if you want something that looks good.

These guys make great aeroports if you ever want to get significantly louder https://www.bigass-ports.com/

man if you want bass like these youtube videos you are talking about you are gonna be at at least 1000. even if your sub is half the price of theirs they have 700 invested in electrical and soundproofing that you dont. is your ground good? if you are pushing 650 rms on a stock battery without big 3 and the amp isnt grade A quality i can tell you that you arent getting a clean full 650 watts. they test most of these amps on strong electrical (14.4 v) and oversized low resistance wire. what gauge is your power wire? WHERE DO YOU HAVE THE SUB. is the port close enough to a surface for the vent back pressure to work efficently? the cheapest route for you is either upgrading your electrical and making sure your install is QUALITY. Then build your own strong box designed for the sub and ported to the frequencies you like. or getting a higher quality amp that can get more out of stock electrical and doesnt need 14.4v to push its rated rms clean. also. set your gain man. like SET it. not just (halfway seems okay, but its not loud.fgweegwgwgvbw)

Are you high? There is no cheapness in electrical....IF done right and properly.

Are you high? There is no cheapness in electrical....IF done right and properly.
this is true yes. my wording was a bit off and i hadnt seen the pre-out suggestions earlier. (my bad for posting hastily.) what i meant was it would be way cheaper to reinstall electrical with quality connections and grounds to make sure that amp can actually push it. and then building a box. then to assume the sub and amp are bad and buy new ones. i had no idea even what gauge wire he used or where it is grounded to. maybe loose connections causing resistance. but it seems problem is probably solved with the deck and the pre-out voltage.

I know to never skimp on electrical.

figured it would be easier there's like 12 45's in shredders build lol. wasnt sure if making those with a circular saw would be a pain in the ass.

Making 45's with a circular isn't the easiest thing to do, use the table saw. Find a jigsaw and router on offer up or marketplace. I used glue, brad nailer, circular saw, jigsaw, router silicone, and wood putty for my first box build (Shredder2 design). No drill necessary.

Making 45's with a circular isn't the easiest thing to do, use the table saw. Find a jigsaw and router on offer up or marketplace. I used glue, brad nailer, circular saw, jigsaw, router silicone, and wood putty for my first box build (Shredder2 design). No drill necessary.
I had to return that POS table saw the guide for straight cuts absolutely REFUSED to lock into a straight position which is LITERALLY its only requirement for existence. (what did i expect for 130 bucks?) sigh*
ugh man dont wanna spend 350 bucks on a quality table saw. thinking of buying a nice circular and the using factory cut edges clamped to board as a guide. 45's will be a pain. i already have a shitty jigsaw that should work well enough for cutouts and luckily the design doesn't have any round overs so hopefully router isn't needed.

I had to return that POS table saw the guide for straight cuts absolutely REFUSED to lock into a straight position which is LITERALLY its only requirement for existence. (what did i expect for 130 bucks?) sigh*
ugh man dont wanna spend 350 bucks on a quality table saw. thinking of buying a nice circular and the using factory cut edges clamped to board as a guide. 45's will be a pain. i already have a shitty jigsaw that should work well enough for cutouts and luckily the design doesn't have any round overs so hopefully router isn't needed.

You can get a cheap wood file and round off the port cuts. I've built houses for 30 years, so, the circular saw thing wasn't a big deal. Maybe, cut your 45's from a full 8' piece first. Two 8' cuts should give you a lot of 45's. I ran a bead of glue inside the box to be safe. Then, I siliconed the inside of the box.

I bought a 99 dollar Ryobi table saw to build my first box and found that the top was way too small to balance full sheets, and wouldn’t do more than 12 inch rips, so, being the cheap sob I am, I fashioned my own top out of a sheet of wood and marked out my own measurements and just screwed wood with a t square for each measurement when I had to. Short story long, the cheap Ryobi cut 45s pretty good...

I bought a 99 dollar Ryobi table saw to build my first box and found that the top was way too small to balance full sheets, and wouldn’t do more than 12 inch rips, so, being the cheap sob I am, I fashioned my own top out of a sheet of wood and marked out my own measurements and just screwed wood with a t square for each measurement when I had to. Short story long, the cheap Ryobi cut 45s pretty good...
bro tell me it was you that posted that video on youtube doing that exact thing i was thinking what a man. but he actually tossed the guide and fashioned a wood one to like this perfect tolerance i could never achieve top and bottom between the table and it just slid and clamped like a dewalt what an absolute magician.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.