What subs hit harder then jlw3 for under $100?

You tube vids... Lol

The amp good....if it said rockford youll probably be all over it
I don't think you know what loud is. You have people doing mid to high 150's and even 160's telling you the reality of situation, it's not their fault you refuse to listen.

Many people come here with an open mind and gain a lot of knowledge on getting loud, others just refuse to listen.

1st you dont know what kind of specs your box is, you literally just bought a random ass box and paired it with your sub and expect it to sound good, thats the equivalent of buying lottery tickets with your retirement money. Chances of success = near zero.

2nd, the gain is not a volume knob, depending on your head unit (please list how your signal is setup, LOC? Head unit model?) half gain would be more than enough to blow your sub if your signal is weak. Vice versa if your signal is garbage, your amp will never output anywhere near proper power and your setup will sound like **** aka most likely culprit here is your signal is what i bet all my money on.

3rd. switching a sub out is not gonna get you louder. Box, signal and power is what gets you louder. If you cant get a 136 db out of that sub, you doing it wrong because thats how much my buddy does on a sealed box for his W3 on an alpine 5 channel. It should be close to 140s in a ported.

Basing your system on others YouTube videos is laughable. Everyone has advised the enclosure might be the best solution so far... why not listen?
A direct sub swap on your current power likely won't even be audible unless it's halving the impedance. (it'll fry that amp most likely)
My system tends to keep the sound inside and the "flex" is mostly apparent thru the wipers jumping. But I could care less... it's pleasing to me... not YouTube vid worthy tho... lol

I think ill just keep my sub thanks everyone. Im not looking to find out specs and take it to a shop to get custom box. Just something easy and simple that louder.

Ill rock with this jl and get a big box like others said, till ill try other brands. Appropriate help

I think ill just keep my sub thanks everyone. Im not looking to find out specs and take it to a shop to get custom box. Just something easy and simple that louder.

Ill rock with this jl and get a big box like others said, till ill try other brands. Appropriate help
whats your signal line looking like? Head unit? LOC? because thats the main culprit most of the times if you are using a stock head unit or a low end head unit with shitty DACs and preout specs.

Last edited:
whats your signal line looking like? Head unit? LOC? because thats the main culprit most of the times if you are using a stock head unit or a low end head unit with shitty DACs and preout specs.
4 gage wire

This headunit and no loc. I have bass set to 0 on hu. “Subwoofer output” setting set to 14 out of 15.

If you’re not willing to either build or pay to build a custom enclosure, you will never get loud loud. You’ll pay twice as much for amps and subs to get the same results you would on half the power. Those w3s are very nice subs, and in the correct box, will get loud and low. With your current system setup, a designed box built for that sub is the only way to get louder.

If you’re not willing to either build or pay to build a custom enclosure, you will never get loud loud. You’ll pay twice as much for amps and subs to get the same results you would on half the power. Those w3s are very nice subs, and in the correct box, will get loud and low. With your current system setup, a designed box built for that sub is the only way to get louder.
I dont need it that loud just loud enough. Is a l7 preloaded better?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.