What sub/subs for cab?

Participant count
  • Participant list

cfox10
10+ year member

Rock the house.
Got my components, and amps ready.

I'm working with 300rms to the components

Have 5kwrms to work with for the subs... the catch is that I can't find a company who has/will do a HO alt. for my truck.

I've contacted Tenney, no response, same with mechman, and DC said they couldn't do it.

IF I get the right alt, hopefully.... and if I don't, time for a new vehicle, what kind of subs am I looking at?

I want some good spl, maybe hair tricks for fun? (the girlfriend's seen a few on youtube and thought it was cool) but more importantly, I want that heart pounding thump. Is it possible to do 2 18's, or 4 15's? Or am I looking at some 12's?

Got my components, and amps ready.
I'm working with 300rms to the components

Have 5kwrms to work with for the subs... the catch is that I can't find a company who has/will do a HO alt. for my truck.

I've contacted Tenney, no response, same with mechman, and DC said they couldn't do it.

IF I get the right alt, hopefully.... and if I don't, time for a new vehicle, what kind of subs am I looking at?

I want some good spl, maybe hair tricks for fun? (the girlfriend's seen a few on youtube and thought it was cool) but more importantly, I want that heart pounding thump. Is it possible to do 2 18's, or 4 15's? Or am I looking at some 12's?
Mazda B Pickup High Output Alternator

a 200a is not gonna cut it though..

You check with Excessive Amperage?

Mazda B Pickup High Output Alternatora 200a is not gonna cut it though..

You check with Excessive Amperage?
I haven't. I wonder if I can convince somebody to fabricate me a mount to have two 200a alts? wonder if that'd be enough with a battery. I doubt I'll be playing it at full tilt so it'll probably reach somewhere in the 4kwrms range most of the time, and with on occasion a demo

Think in one of these trucks I'll have enough room for 4 15's?

[quote name='cfox10']I haven't. I wonder if I can convince somebody to fabricate me a mount to have two 200a alts? wonder if that'd be enough with a battery. I doubt I'll be playing it at full tilt so it'll probably reach somewhere in the 4kwrms range most of the time, and with on occasion a demo

Think in one of these trucks I'll have enough room for 4 15's?[/QUOTE]
What model is your truck? I can't see a good set up with 4 15's in cab without a wall...maybe 4 12's done right..and that can get very loud. If you are not planning to run WOT all the time and can maybe make room for a clean looking battery box in the bed next to the cab for a few or four Deep cycle AGM's(run the wires through the bed floor,underneath and into the cab from the floor, you might not need more than a 200a Alt...
ps.. @TaylorFade; has some Tantric 12's he ran at finals on here for sale at a good price that will fit your needs perfectly, IMO.
just my .02

[quote name='quackhead']What model is your truck? I can't see a good set up with 4 15's in cab without a wall...maybe 4 12's done right..and that can get very loud. If you are not planning to run WOT all the time and can maybe make room for a clean looking battery box in the bed next to the cab for a few or four Deep cycle AGM's(run the wires through the bed floor,underneath and into the cab from the floor, you might not need more than a 200a Alt...
ps.. @TaylorFade; has some Tantric 12's he ran at finals on here for sale at a good price that will fit your needs perfectly, IMO.
just my .02[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of doing a wall... that's actually what I wanted to do to begin with. I just don't know where to start.. build from inside the truck?
I just don't want to be stuck with 12's and be disappointed. I'd like something most people around here don't run.

one of my old teammates had one of these ,he used a 1 wire chevy alt ,had to do a slight mod ,bracket wise ,and just spliced in the new chevy alt harness ,worked great . he was doing hair tricks with 4 18's and 2 stetsom 7k2d amps

hell yea 4 12.s walled can do hair tricks ..i do small hair tricks in my impala with 2 12.s on3.5k
Thanks... and to build the wall (I'll get the specs from RAM or someone else) but do I build it from inside the truck to make sure it all stays sealed off?

Tantric's would be a great choice. Great woofers. What line would depend on how many you're going to run, but they definitely do work.

My buddy has a big alt on his Mazda B2200, so I know it can be done. I think it's just a GM alt though.

Those trucks get loud as balls. Guy in USACi has (3) 18's under the window line and does 160 in 0-600w.

[quote name='NASTY08IMPALA']and fyi @TaylorFade; tantrics would be a great choice unless you have another sub in mind[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm looking into them. The problem is I can only afford two of them. I have some champion pro subs that I could use but I know i'd just be disappointed. :/

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.