What size alternator do I need?

I did do the big 3 with 0 guage a few days after I installed the subs, but if anything it made the headlight problem worse. The battery was an autocraft gold less then 8 months old. I'm guessing the alternator wasn't able to provide enough power so it kept trying to pull from the battery which killed it.

The amp is grounded to the rear strut tower with 4guage (same as the + wire) and definitely has good contact. I dont know a ton about car electrical, but im not sure what else the problem could be aside from lack of power from the alternator. It is 16 years old so its entirely possible its just not putting out what it did back in its early years.

Big 3 first yes. But no eBay alts. Junk
That's just bad marketing mylows coming from you. Just because you source out alternators you claim ebay's are junk. Well I bought my Mechman billet tech 370A through ebay and was dealing directly with Mechman so I guess it's inferior to a Singer. Singer offered me a 240A max for my VW GTi while Mechman offers through their website the same 240A but I ended up with a 370A for the price of a 240A, so thumbs up for Mechman for giving me max option for ampere search. Not an argument, just the facts I experienced through ebay.

I'm not to sure about the strut tower... How is the gain set? Bass boost/loudness on?
The amp came with "remote bass" which is basically just a potentiometer that lets me adjust the gain easily instead of turning a knob on the amp. So it varies depending on what kind of music I'm listening to. And the bass boost is on 0.

I think he means like a generic no name brand from ebay maybe? I know there are Mechman alts on eBay idk about Singer. There are also a bunch of random ones that don't really have a name lol and I think that's what he's talking about.

That's just bad marketing mylows coming from you. Just because you source out alternators you claim ebay's are junk. Well I bought my Mechman billet tech 370A through ebay and was dealing directly with Mechman so I guess it's inferior to a Singer. Singer offered me a 240A max for my VW GTi while Mechman offers through their website the same 240A but I ended up with a 370A for the price of a 240A, so thumbs up for Mechman for giving me max option for ampere search. Not an argument, just the facts I experienced through ebay.
That's not what I meant. I've had eBay alts in the past ie not mechman singer dc or any if the other well know companies. Any way they were no more than a stock alt with a smaller pulley. Being advertised as a 220 amp. Been there done that. Really don't care where he buys his alt. this is just my experience with the eBay alt companies Ps he didn't say mechman or any other well known company.

Yeah I've learned the hard way about buying no name car parts off eBay, I guess my post should have also read what brand do I need. I'm not really looking for a high end super sound system alt. just something that puts out a little more juice then 75A and isn't going to fall apart, preferably in the 100-200$ range.

I had a Powerbastards Fitzall 220A which claims it fits any car, I had that for 2 years nothing wrong with it. I think I paid $300 brand new, not that doesn't have a fitment issue it was easily modified by grounding off piece of case. It had that funky turbo whine coming from the unit itself although not sure if it was causing interference coming out of my drivers. That would be a good starting point since it's universal and plenty of juice to go with.

lmao it goes up to 11!!!! that's so cheesy omg hahahha //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

no hate just laughin at that hahahhaa

lmao it goes up to 11!!!! that's so cheesy omg hahahha //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
no hate just laughin at that hahahhaa
its for when you need just a bit more volume than anyone else

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.