What should this install cost?

If you wanna do it yourself. Talks about a LOC and everything.

You'll actually need a AudioControl - LC7i and not a 2ci. You'll need 6 channels out or you'll be y splitting like crazy in order to get any kind of signal.

Isnt it about $75-$100 an amp, $60-$90 per set of speakers, $100-$150 if those 6.5" are components. They may not want to use your wire. You need fuses/or breakers, rca cables, distribution blocks, and they are gonna try and upsell sound deadening... Does your Head unit have inputs for 2 sets of rca cables? That might be a new head unit, or something else (on a 2018, I'm sure there are a lot of features you would like to keep which means not skimping out). In a perfect world, I would think $300-$500. If you have to do a bunch of other stuff mentioned, you're north of a thousand bucks. Then there's the real cost of an install; how much is it going to cost to fix it when they are done, and do it right. I've learned my lesson on shops. Here are SOME of the things I had to fix after a shop install..

They GLUED the tweeters from my component speakers into the door panel opening.

They cut the butt connectors off the tweeter wires so they could use caps.

They GLUED the bass knob on the dash.

They capped together three pieces of wires for my subwoofers for a 6ft length of wire.

They drilled screws through the back of the cab to mount the subwoofer boxes

They used two tiny self tapping screws, through the lug and not the lug hole to individually mount each amplifier (I have a problem thinking these self-tapping screws are big enough to ground well).

They didn't mount the amplifier or the distribution block

They mounted the crossovers in the door, (and now they have rust on the screw terminals).

They drilled holes through the cover of the crossover instead of taking 2 seconds to open them and using the mounting holes that are built in, (then covered the hole in the cover with electrical tape).

The Big 3 was them running one 1/0awg wire to the fender and didn't even clean off the paint, (they did 1 of 3).

GOOOOOOD LUCK!

I’d bet 500-600.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would expect this from any reputable shop. What you listed is a full day of work for somebody and I'd figure a legit shop would have to charge between 50 and 100$ per hour depending on the rent/tax/utilities cost of doing business in whatever city you're in AND assuming you have absolutely everything they'll need and they'll use what you bring.

I'd suggest few of the guys here ever take work into a shop and I'm certain none of the regulars owns a shop so I wouldn't expect accurate guesses here. Most of the people here do it themselves or if they get a friend to help it costs them a twelve pack, a pizza and a dime bag of weed.

u can do the speakers yourself anyway, shouldn't take more than an hour per door even if u never done it.. just search video of door speaker install for your truck u will see how door comes apart etc.. then ask around for a good shop to do amps..

I would expect this from any reputable shop. What you listed is a full day of work for somebody and I'd figure a legit shop would have to charge between 50 and 100$ per hour depending on the rent/tax/utilities cost of doing business in whatever city you're in AND assuming you have absolutely everything they'll need and they'll use what you bring.
I'd suggest few of the guys here ever take work into a shop and I'm certain none of the regulars owns a shop so I wouldn't expect accurate guesses here. Most of the people here do it themselves or if they get a friend to help it costs them a twelve pack, a pizza and a dime bag of weed.
Yes this. It seems like most everyone here knows what they are doing, but they don't know what shops are charging for crappy work. Many of the shops around here in Phoenix, AZ will charge $1 to install any piece of equipment if you buy it from them. Those that charge rates, the 2 shops I know charge $140 and $150 an hour for labor rates that involve custom/non-standard work (and that's in addition to the amp/speakers/subwoofer install charge). A standard bandpass enclosure for a single subwoofer will cost a minimum $500, and if you have multiple, I got quoted $2,000 and over as if that was common.

2018 Ford F-150 Super Crew
Amps-

JBL bp1200

Soundstream PN4.520D

Front door speakers - 6x9s Boston’s

Rear door speakers- 6.5 kickers.

*** I have all the “0” gauge wire
Those trucks are a PITA to begin with.Door panels Blow azz and the dash is a real piece of work, Existing HU and no sub??Wiring and all Id say closer to $500 bucks

I have done my own installs several times, but with my current car (see sig) I was not going to take any chances on screwing anything up. So my amp, sub, lc2i, secondary battery, and big 3 installed was 650. The only that I didn't provide was rca's and remote wire for amp turn on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.