What 5k amp?

Yes, you have said that. 10 minutes there, 10 minutes to meter, 10 minutes home. Half an hour out of your day.

I don't even know which org does at the headrest, but may as well test that too for the sake of comparison. You almost certainly won't gain from that.

SPL Lab should be within a tenth of Termlab.

I'm 11dB louder than you right now, but if it makes you feel better, go ahead and put the sensor in the port and brag about that number. The reality is you're still not comparing apples to apples.

Why wouldn't I gain from the headrest? It's right next to the port. So, what are you running to hit 159 or 160? I'm running fairly cheap 8's and one battery and hit 148.5. Door open or closed and behind the seat in a standard cab is still impressive in my book. Remember it's a small cab in a standard cab. Btw, we have to meter at night because of the neighboring businesses. It's not as easy to meter as you think. If you want to **** on .you system, score, or me in general that's fine. Nbd!

Why wouldn't I gain from the headrest? It's right next to the port. So, what are you running to hit 159 or 160? I'm running fairly cheap 8's and one battery and hit 148.5. Door open or closed and behind the seat in a standard cab is still impressive in my book. Remember it's a small cab in a standard cab. Btw, we have to meter at night because of the neighboring businesses. It's not as easy to meter as you think. If you want to **** on .you system, score, or me in general that's fine. Nbd!
You're taking things way too personally. It's not about you; it's about standard measurement. I don't know why you can't understand that.

If you are a golfer, measuring your drive from the women's tees is different than measuring your drive from the men's tees. That's the equivalent here. The kick is women's tees and the dash sealed is the men's tees.

Nobody is attacking you. You need to get past that.

You're taking things way too personally. It's not about you; it's about standard measurement. I don't know why you can't understand that.

If you are a golfer, measuring your drive from the women's tees is different than measuring your drive from the men's tees. That's the equivalent here. The kick is women's tees and the dash sealed is the men's tees.

O.k. so I'm a cheater and a liar. And so is everybody who just competed at the local car audio show about two months ago. Like I said, vehicles are shaped differently so the dash really isn't an equal measurement for everybody either. If you want equal for everybody then put the meter right in the middle of the steering wheel. And don't allow cheater amps or anything wired under one ohm. But we know that will never happen. If everybody has the choice of metering with their door open or closed then it's not cheating in my book. But apparently I'm a liar and a cheat. No worries, I've been called worse. Not yet today but the day is still young. It's not even worth posting builds or scores here anymore. People will just shitt on it anyway.

The standard used to be completely closed, windows and doors. I haven’t been to a comp in over a decade but even the bass races were windows and doors closed. Port wars and open cabins was just for fun to see how high we could score. I never built anything over 1800 rms so spl was never my thing anyway. SQ geared systems might not meter well, but a good powerful SQ system was fun to run in bass races. I ran 2 diamond audio 10s that I swore sounded a ton louder than my type R did, but still metered a full DB lower. That damn meter is a fickle bastard.

No vehicle is likely to be louder at the headrest vs in a corner either up on the dash or in the kick.

The point being I'm not jealous that you're louder than me, it's that you are not providing a meaningful score that anybody anywhere in the world who competes could have a proper point of reference.
vehicles are shaped differently so the dash really isn't an equal measurement for everybody either.
But it is, because we can compare it to the same vehicles anywhere in the world so long as the sensor is in the same position and all doors and windows are sealed.
If everybody has the choice of metering with their door open or closed then it's not cheating in my book.
And how many of those folks who even remotely know what they're doing are metering sealed at the dash if they have an option of door or window open and measure at the kick?

Nobody said it's cheating, that style of metering is called "outlaw". If this is how your local orgs meter that's fine but the vast majority of orgs and people do not meter that way so not mentioning that is how you measure can be misleading, particularly in a vehicle type which is known to gain up to or even over 4dB with driver's side window or door open and most vehicles will meter higher on the kick.

I'm starting to get the feeling that you did meter sealed at the dash, didn't even break 145 and are just playing dumb because the meter broke your heart.

What cracks me up in all this is he only goes after me with the dislikes,lol. Everyone else has said the same things but yet I'm the one who gets that childish stuff.

w/e I really don't care so I made a mistake on the window sealed vs door opened. He acts like he has never made a mistake here and oh I'm late to the conversation... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:. It's okay though if he thinks that way then every thread where he has showed up a page or two in makes him late as well. See how that works bobby?

Grow up man, no one has called you a liar, no one has called you a cheat, no one has not said it wasn't a good score. Just the fact it is an outlaw score. If any of us scored that you would see hey I scored outlaw at this.

The standard used to be completely closed, windows and doors. I haven’t been to a comp in over a decade but even the bass races were windows and doors closed.

That is how it was done when I did competing back in the mid to late '90s in Illinois that is how it is done around here. But hey I live in Wisconsin and not in Illinois,lol. Nope never lived in Illinois for 25 years or so nope guess being born there and living on the river all that time was just a dream :rolleyes:.

But according to MECA now it is up to the judge if the windows are closed or open but doors will remain closed with the owner in the car wearing the proper hearing protection.

Guy's he isn't going to budge on any of this. He won't accept the fact none of us are calling him liar, cheater or anything else. At this point we are wasting our time and it is like talking to a brick wall.

Dude I think we're having a communication issue that's causing you to get defensive. NOBODY IS CALLING YOU A CHEATER OR A LIAR! I repeat: NOBODY IS CALLING YOU A CHEATER!

There is a standard way to measure SPL to minimize variables. Measurements have to all be taken the same way to make them comparable. Your score was not a standard measurement. Nobody doubts that you scored a 148.5, but the number is essentially void because it was not measured the standard way. I personally would rather know an accurate number than a higher number.

Honestly, what are your other hobbies? I'm asking so I can put this into perspective for you, because you're not getting it and you think you're being attacked.

In reference to that picture/quote, the guy gained by measuring at the kick unsealed. I'd like to hear about someone who lost points at the kick unsealed.
@Bobbytwonames
As stated.

Last edited:
No vehicle is likely to be louder at the headrest vs in a corner either up on the dash or in the kick.

The point being I'm not jealous that you're louder than me, it's that you are not providing a meaningful score that anybody anywhere in the world who competes could have a proper point of reference.

But it is, because we can compare it to the same vehicles anywhere in the world so long as the sensor is in the same position and all doors and windows are sealed.

And how many of those folks who even remotely know what they're doing are metering sealed at the dash if they have an option of door or window open and measure at the kick?

Nobody said it's cheating, that style of metering is called "outlaw". If this is how your local orgs meter that's fine but the vast majority of orgs and people do not meter that way so not mentioning that is how you measure can be misleading, particularly in a vehicle type which is known to gain up to or even over 4dB with driver's side window or door open and most vehicles will meter higher on the kick.

I'm starting to get the feeling that you did meter sealed at the dash, didn't even break 145 and are just playing dumb because the meter broke your heart.

We metered my truck for about 5-10 minutes. We got a score on music and a score on a burp (if that's the right term). I think the one on music might have been with the door closed and windows up (148). The meter was always at the kick. We never even considered putting the meter on the dash. This is the only vehicle that I've ever had metered. So I just let my installer friend do it while I watched and learned how to do it. He was shocked at the score and frequency for 4-8's. And I didn't pay him any money for equipment or installation. So he had no reason to blow smoke up my azz. My voltage meter was dropping into the low 12's so I have had to make some changes since then. It's really not worth posting anything on this forum anymore. People just like to find some reason to shitt on your build, your score, or just start name calling for whatever reason. Thanks for the talk though. It's time to go back to talking shitt to everybody and forget about car audio. Just like the good old days! ✌

[/QUOTE]

So now you're calling me a liar about how we metered my truck. I'm not a liar man. You can call me an azzhole all you want but I'm not a liar or a thief. I found this in the MECA rulebook. So call it cheating all you want but it's in their rulebook. I honestly don't think you guys can believe 4-8's can do a 148.5. It happened! Sorry!

Screenshot_20210627-215412_Drive.jpg

But according to MECA
Haven't heard of them in ages. Are you saying you metered door open but up by the headrest?
I honestly don't think you guys can believe 4-8's can do a 148.5 OUTLAW in a pickup truck
That's cone area between a pair of 12s and a single 15. That number sealed at the dash in a pickup is pretty good, outlaw perhaps not so much. Again, if you metered the way everyone else is familiar with we could put it in proper perspective with what we have seen in our areas. USACi used to do 1 show per year in the northeast and they stopped a few years ago since they couldn't even find a judge/host to come out here and not many locals would turn up. The one guy I know who went out of his way to go to them did about 4.5dB higher metering outlaw in his Accura.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...