What 5k amp?

Exactly to all the above! We have all said those exact things but he keeps insisting we are calling him a liar or a cheater.

You are once again late to the conversation. You were talking about open windows. This conversation has never had anything to do with open windows. So please drop out of the conversation while you're still behind. Peace!

@hispls have you watched any of the Jacobviral videos when he meters a vehicle? He puts the meter by the passenger seat kick panel. That's exactly where I put it. I'm pretty sure that you know the difference between clean and dirty power. The signal to noise ratio on the SFB3K is only 86 whereas the SIA has a S/N ratio of 108. We could immediately hear a difference after switching to the SIA3500. Maybe changing amps and adding lithium (dropping into the 11's) won't make any difference at all. I do know that I have a lot of motherfukkas get out of my truck and swear that say, "ain't no motherfukkin' way those are 8's!" Maybe my whole system *****. And that's fine, nbd!

You are once again late to the conversation. You were talking about open windows. This conversation has never had anything to do with open windows. So please drop out of the conversation while you're still behind. Peace!
Opening opposite side window will typically do the same thing as opening the door.

I'm pretty sure that you know the difference between clean and dirty power.

No. I see the term thrown around a lot, usually by people who have no idea what they're talking about. I took a few semesters of electronics back in my day and I don't recall that term being used in any of the text books, lectures, or lab work so it's either very advanced or some retarded **** that people on social media pulled out of their arses to explain something they don't fully understand.

SFB3K is only 86 whereas the SIA has a S/N ratio of 108

How many dB gain do you figure that translates into on the Termlab?

have you watched any of the Jacobviral videos when he meters a vehicle? He puts the meter by the passenger seat kick panel. That's exactly where I put it.

No, and you are describing how you meter "OUTLAW". Whatever e-celebrity very probably meters that way because he knows it delivers better numbers than "Legal" and it will look more impressive when he e-begs for you to like and subscribe.

I repeat, if you think you have gained 1.5dB through your new equipment, take half an hour to drive across town to your friend's shop and meter it. While you're there do sealed at the dash number for point of reference.

If you and your friends think it's loud and you like how it plays music, that's fine. Nobody here is trying to take that away from you, but don't say "I'm almost 150" when the only number you have to show us is 148.5 metered OUTLAW because that isn't "almost 150" and everybody who has legitimately competed knows this and is telling you this.

I am NOT late to the conversation as I have been following it the entire. Also there slick just because I made a mistake about open windows INSTEAD of an OPEN DOOR doesn't mean I don't know wtf I am talking about. YOU make mistakes all the time everyone does so to sit there and judge me on that and say I am late and all this other crap is BS.

Try reading my long response on the other page but obviously you didn't.

Facts are an open door is OUTLAW scoring!

I repeat, if you think you have gained 1.5dB through your new equipment, take half an hour to drive across town to your friend's shop and meter it. While you're there do sealed at the dash number for point of reference.
[/QUOTE]

He's actually only ten minutes from my house. So, sealed at the dash, windshield, or headrest? Remember, I have a standard cab so headrest would be right next to the port.

My best was 148.5 sealed on dash. I added a third driver and built a huge custom box for them. The third sub also dropped my load from 1ohm to 0.67ohm, so theoretically my amp should make more power.
After all that, my best is 149.3.

Mind you this is not a termlab, so take it as you will.
20210423_184447.jpg

I am NOT late to the conversation as I have been following it the entire. Also there slick just because I made a mistake about open windows INSTEAD of an OPEN DOOR doesn't mean I don't know wtf I am talking about. YOU make mistakes all the time everyone does so to sit there and judge me on that and say I am late and all this other crap is BS.

Try reading my long response on the other page but obviously you didn't.

Facts are an open door is OUTLAW scoring!

You were and are late. Deal with it. Some cars and trucks actually score louder sealed up. So call it outlaw all you want. I don't see you posting any builds or scores. At least I have the balls to post my ****. Three builds in two years.

My best was 148.5 sealed on dash. I added a third driver and built a huge custom box for them. The third sub also dropped my load from 1ohm to 0.67ohm, so theoretically my amp should make more power.
After all that, my best is 149.3.

Mind you this is not a termlab, so take it as you will. View attachment 30116

I added lithium because I'm dropping in the 11's and switched from a 3K to a better 3.5K. We had it on the meter for about 5 minutes and got it up to 148.5 So, my installer who has been building and competing for over 30 years has told me it's definitely louder and cleaner. He told me that people wouldn't believe my score and he told me those 4-8's are going to hurt peoples feelings. He's always saying that they are ridiculous and nasty. I guess that he was right.

Last edited:
How many dB gain do you figure that translates into on the Termlab?

[/QUOTE]

I have no idea. My installer has told me that it's definitely louder and cleaner now after the amp change. He's been building and competing for over thirty years so I'll take his word for it. This is how I feel.

Screenshot_20210627-083836_Chrome.jpg

I added lithium because I'm dropping in the 11's and switched from a 3K to a better 3.5K. We had it on the meter for about 5 minutes and got it up to 148.5 So, my installer who has been building and competing for over 30 years has told me it's definitely louder and cleaner. He told me that people wouldn't believe my score and he told me those 4-8's are going to hurt peoples feelings. I guess that he was right.
I'm sure his opinion of "louder and cleaner" had nothing to do with you spending a shitload of money expecting results.

Can you show me a build that scored higher sealed? My meter has shown over 150 when I'm driving around. I get excited, since that's my current goal, then i realize my windows are down so it's not an accurate reading.

I'm sure his opinion of "louder and cleaner" had nothing to do with you spending a shitload of money expecting results.

Can you show me a build that scored higher sealed? My meter has shown over 150 when I'm driving around. I get excited, since that's my current goal, then i realize my windows are down so it's not an accurate reading.

I buy all my own stuff and traded him my old box for my new box. Zero money has changed hands. We're both in our 50's and good friends. He has no reason to lie to me. He knows how to build competition systems. Here's one of them.

Last edited:
@metalheadjoe this guy is only .5 db different. But I guess that he's a cheater as well.

View attachment 30118
Dude I think we're having a communication issue that's causing you to get defensive. NOBODY IS CALLING YOU A CHEATER OR A LIAR! I repeat: NOBODY IS CALLING YOU A CHEATER!

There is a standard way to measure SPL to minimize variables. Measurements have to all be taken the same way to make them comparable. Your score was not a standard measurement. Nobody doubts that you scored a 148.5, but the number is essentially void because it was not measured the standard way. I personally would rather know an accurate number than a higher number.

Honestly, what are your other hobbies? I'm asking so I can put this into perspective for you, because you're not getting it and you think you're being attacked.

In reference to that picture/quote, the guy gained by measuring at the kick unsealed. I'd like to hear about someone who lost points at the kick unsealed.

Dude I think we're having a communication issue that's causing you to get defensive. NOBODY IS CALLING YOU A CHEATER OR A LIAR! I repeat: NOBODY IS CALLING YOU A CHEATER!

There is a standard way to measure SPL to minimize variables. Measurements have to all be taken the same way to make them comparable. Your score was not a standard measurement. Nobody doubts that you scored a 148.5, but the number is essentially void because it was not measured the standard way. I personally would rather know an accurate number than a higher number.

Honestly, what are your other hobbies? I'm asking so I can put this into perspective for you, because you're not getting it and you think you're being attacked.

In reference to that picture/quote, the guy gained by measuring at the kick unsealed. I'd like to hear about someone who lost points at the kick unsealed.

Not everybody's vehicles are designed the same either. So measuring from the dash is very subjective as well. Windshields are at very different angles from vehicle to vehicle. Why do you think so many people like Astro Vans? I guess you could call those cheater vehicles because of their shape. Just like guys who run cheater amps, but I guess that kind of cheating is accepted. People running their amps at .25 ohms is acceptable cheating. Just don't dare open your door. That is highly illegal. It's weird how the car audio competition that happened in Las Vegas allowed competitors to go doors open or closed and windows open or closed. I guess that they are all cheaters as well. My hobbies are baseball, golf, and building my VW. When I posted my score and somebody says that's a cheater score. Then they are basically calling me a liar and a cheater. I don't dig that. But it is what it is.

He's actually only ten minutes from my house.
Yes, you have said that. 10 minutes there, 10 minutes to meter, 10 minutes home. Half an hour out of your day.
So, sealed at the dash, windshield, or headrest?
I don't even know which org does at the headrest, but may as well test that too for the sake of comparison. You almost certainly won't gain from that.
Mind you this is not a termlab, so take it as you will.
SPL Lab should be within a tenth of Termlab.
This is how I feel.
I'm 11dB louder than you right now, but if it makes you feel better, go ahead and put the sensor in the port and brag about that number. The reality is you're still not comparing apples to apples.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...