Weird problem.

tmorales509
10+ year member

Ok so i been encountering this problem. I been noticing that my highs are really distorted on certain frequencies even at lower volumes. I have my hpf all the way up on my head unit so no lows are going to my speakers. So the weird part is if i turn off my subwoofers my highs sound perfectly normal, as soon as i turn them back on they sound distorted again. Even if i put the fade to the frount speakers only they sound distorted with the subs on. Its a pioneer head unit by the way.

Ok so i dont know if its a power problem or something but i noticed that it gets really bad when im coming to a stop slowing down. BUTTT it doesnt do it with the car off...If it was a power problem wouldnt it also do it with the car off probably even worse since its less voltage? So maybe you are right about picking up engine noise. What can i do to fix this? Would better rca cables fix it? As i mentioned it is a older pioneer head unit and i have read they have that problem with the rcas not grounded properly or something. If thats the case id rather just buy a new head unit.

Ground your rca's at the HU - It's pretty easy to do, google it for tutorial / pics, and check your ground for your amp as well, make sure you have a good solid ground and not just a piece of sheet metal... I'd also check / clean your battery connections & grounding points under the hood as well...

Yeah ive read how to do that. Ill probably just order a new head unit. I have the deh-p7700mp. I wonder if the 7800 would have that problem since the rcas are different on it, They are actually wires instead of being on the headunit itself?

Yeah ive read how to do that. Ill probably just order a new head unit. I have the deh-p7700mp. I wonder if the 7800 would have that problem since the rcas are different on it, They are actually wires instead of being on the headunit itself?
The Pioneers are notorious for RCA grounding / pico fuse issues, but it's 9 times out of 10 because the user unpluged / plugged in RCA's while the unit was powered on - Easy Solution = DON'T DO THAT //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

afaik i have never plugged or unplugged the rcas with the head unit on. I have unplugged and/or plugged them back in from the amp end if tahts the same thing..?

afaik i have never plugged or unplugged the rcas with the head unit on. I have unplugged and/or plugged them back in from the amp end if tahts the same thing..?
- YES it is the same thing on either end //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif In the future just make sure you have your deck powered down before you unplug / plugin your RCA connections...

Didn't want to make a new thread on the same topic but anyways, i messed up by selling that pioneer, i was almost certain it was the radio and ended up selling it for like $40, anyways, i had an old jensen radio laying around, i hooked it up and it still does the same thing..So it wasn't the radio after all. Sold it for 40 when i could of got like 100 for it, lol. Anyways, i ordered a new radio and im now back to finding a solution to this problem. Im wondering if it is the RCA cables that could be messed up so i also ordered a new set of RCA cables. Is that a possibility?

Are you only running a sub amp, or are you also running an amp to your mid / highs as well? If so how did you hook up the RCA's? Definitely TRY different RCA's, but don't go ripping them out just yet until you test 1st //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif D@mn sorry to hear about the HU situation, you should've tested that theory swapping the HU's BEFORE you sold it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Another thing I'd do is run a chassis ground from your HU to a good solid grounding point somewhere such as a steering column support bracket bolt / stud / nut / etc...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.