Question about amps/EQs

Participant count
  • Participant list

bohregard

So I'm looking to upgrade my system in my truck, it's a pretty straight forward setup at the moment: 2 speakers (no room for more so this will be the max in my truck) each with a tweeter and then the head unit. I want to remove the head unit and (if possible) install an EQ that plugs into an AMP that will drive the speakers and possibly have the same AMP power a sub in the future or use an additional AMP for a sub if needed. My question is whether or not this is possible and what are some good options for this kind of setup?

And if you are curious as to why I don't want a head unit, I put a tablet in the center console of my truck and would like to reduce the clutter (currently the head unit sits behind it but it's cumbersome to reach).

Thanks for the advice

Yes, this will work just fine and shouldn't be too difficult to install. There is a wide range of options for EQ's that can handle audio input from the tablet and drive your amp nicely. (from $80 to $100's of dollars)

Lots of good 2+1 channel amps to drive your speakers and allow for a sub later.

What are your goals in terms of sound quality and bass?

What is your budget for this project?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.