Voltage issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

SlugButter

CarAudio.com VIP
arizona
When I’m playing my system at higher volumes I have a visible dimming of my dome lights and head lights, but when I’m testing with a meter I can only find a drop from 14.2 to 13.4 at full tilt. I did the testing with my air conditioner running, headlights on with doors open to turn on the inside lighting. I tested at the battery, distribution block and at the amps themselves. I wouldn’t have thought a small voltage drop like that would cause much visible dimming. Would a drop of less than 1 volt actually cause lights to dim?

I haven’t done the big 3 yet either. I didn’t think I needed it until I put some more watts into this project, but Murphy’s law would say different. I needed to do it anyway so i guess I will do it ahead of upgrading.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

I was thinking 2 aught wire an do you think it would help if i took the secondary battery ground ran it through the ground sensor an tied the...
Yeah, put the probes on the power wire and ground wire of the amplifier. Multimeter on DC. Do not put it on the wires that go to your speakers. M
It's still a very small company that is growing. And growing has its challenges. He is very active on Facebook and does plenty of real test...
The AudioControl LC7i has a maximum output voltage of up to 8.5volts. It can output up to 8.5 volts which is more than a typical aftermarket head...

About this thread

SlugButter

CarAudio.com VIP
SlugButter
arizona
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from