voltage good, still clipping?

it cant go to .5ohm

its wired at 1, its 1 or more

thats why its called rise.

check your woofers, maybe a lead is shorting out when you do low notes.

or maybe you have a frayed wired that is touching something it shouldnt

put your volt meter to ac and measure the Vac coming out of the amp when it is (dropping below .5ohm)

Yea that amp will run 1ohm all day.. Make sure all your lugs are crimped good or soldered good. Make sure your ground is good. Make sure nothing is touching. Make sure ur volt meter is right at the amp and your seeing real time voltage when it happens.

it cant go to .5ohmits wired at 1, its 1 or more

thats why its called rise.

check your woofers, maybe a lead is shorting out when you do low notes.

or maybe you have a frayed wired that is touching something it shouldnt

put your volt meter to ac and measure the Vac coming out of the amp when it is (dropping below .5ohm)
what box rise is there when the sub is practically free airing? that's what I think at least

Yea that amp will run 1ohm all day.. Make sure all your lugs are crimped good or soldered good. Make sure your ground is good. Make sure nothing is touching. Make sure ur volt meter is right at the amp and your seeing real time voltage when it happens.
everything seems fine I went over my wiring about 8 times taking my time on every single little detail, had my volt meter at the amp terminals and it never sees anything below 12.9, the guys at soundqubed said it could be the box and I should adjust the sub sonic accordingly until I get a new box built. might get started next week

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

installed the 10 gauge ofc from knu already, nice wire

When you are "free airing" the sub from playing below port tuning the absolute worst case is the amp sees 1ohm which is your resting resistance

It can't go negative rise

dont you have d1 subs?

And are 100% positive you don't have them wired to .25ohm

When you are "free airing" the sub from playing below port tuning the absolute worst case is the amp sees 1ohm which is your resting resistanceIt can't go negative rise

dont you have d1 subs?

And are 100% positive you don't have them wired to .25ohm
series parallel on two .7s subs yeah they should be seeing a 1ohm load.. if a different box dosnt change this im going to sell this amp and buy a bc5500 and throw my havocs on that, easy on the gain

They call them d1 but they measure d.7

It's still a far stretch to say the amp is protecting from that

I've seen those amps burped at stupid low resistance iirc it was .35 strapped on a pair

I think you don't know what's going on. Ur the one with the amp shutting off. How can two d1 woofers be wired at .7ohm? Not possible
I might just sell this amp.. I checked the ohm load on the pos and neg of the speaker terminals on the amp, and that's what showed on the dmm. unless I had it on the wrong setting, it was on 200 in the ohm section

They call them d1 but they measure d.7It's still a far stretch to say the amp is protecting from that

I've seen those amps burped at stupid low resistance iirc it was .35 strapped on a pair
im gna try sealing the port and see if that makes a difference

A few things....1st...if u have them wired to .7 u wont ever see below that and odds are u wont see below 1ohm in reality....sounds like ur box is not built well at all...barely any bracing and 1 layer thick u said so its gonna be flexing like hell!

Thats gonna cause some nasty rise! Id say ur prolly around 3ohms with rise at those lower notes which means they arent seeing much power at all.

Fix....rebuild the enclosure properly! Double layer everything and triple baffle...45 all corners and brace the hell outta it...theyre 18s so they are gonna flex hard so build it right!

Next...ur ground location is junk. Never use a seatbelt or seat mounting bolt. Ground to the frame. Also u said the rear batts are grounded to the front batt...thats too long of a run...keep it set up that way but also add another ground to the frame in the rear. At least 1 ground per batt...never skimp on grounds.

3rd...when u rebuild, tune ur port to 28hz...u tuned higher than recomended then were suprised when it didnt hit lows lol.

All in all it sounds like there are numerous issues...poorly built enclosure, way too much box rise, speaker wire is way too small...i use 12g for my mids and highs! Lol 16g is not meant for subs!

Ur grounds are bad (which could easily be the cause of the protection) with the speaker wires being burnt up that could have caused it too by shorting out somewhere.

Also u said ur gain is 3/4 up? Did u just set it by ear? That sounds too high, so set ur gains properly with a dmm cuz im sure ur clipping the shiznit outta them.

Honeslty man, not trying to be mean or rude by any means but the answer to ur question is a simple one...u have just about everything wrong lol.

Simple fix...start over and do it right. Its easier to ask questions before u build and get it right the first time than to troubleshoot afterwards and have to rip it all out and start over.

I can assure u its not the subs and its not the amp...its user error.

over current protection and short circuit protection are different.

do this. wire one sub parallel and wire it to the amp alone. roll the volume. tell me the results. don't matter if its in the box or free air just play something about 15-20hz above the boxes tune..

A few things....1st...if u have them wired to .7 u wont ever see below that and odds are u wont see below 1ohm in reality....sounds like ur box is not built well at all...barely any bracing and 1 layer thick u said so its gonna be flexing like hell!Thats gonna cause some nasty rise! Id say ur prolly around 3ohms with rise at those lower notes which means they arent seeing much power at all.

Fix....rebuild the enclosure properly! Double layer everything and triple baffle...45 all corners and brace the hell outta it...theyre 18s so they are gonna flex hard so build it right!

Next...ur ground location is junk. Never use a seatbelt or seat mounting bolt. Ground to the frame. Also u said the rear batts are grounded to the front batt...thats too long of a run...keep it set up that way but also add another ground to the frame in the rear. At least 1 ground per batt...never skimp on grounds.

3rd...when u rebuild, tune ur port to 28hz...u tuned higher than recomended then were suprised when it didnt hit lows lol.

All in all it sounds like there are numerous issues...poorly built enclosure, way too much box rise, speaker wire is way too small...i use 12g for my mids and highs! Lol 16g is not meant for subs!

Ur grounds are bad (which could easily be the cause of the protection) with the speaker wires being burnt up that could have caused it too by shorting out somewhere.

Also u said ur gain is 3/4 up? Did u just set it by ear? That sounds too high, so set ur gains properly with a dmm cuz im sure ur clipping the shiznit outta them.

Honeslty man, not trying to be mean or rude by any means but the answer to ur question is a simple one...u have just about everything wrong lol.

Simple fix...start over and do it right. Its easier to ask questions before u build and get it right the first time than to troubleshoot afterwards and have to rip it all out and start over.

I can assure u its not the subs and its not the amp...its user error.
i have 1 ground on one of the batteries in the rear, theres not a run all the way to the front ground. i upgraded the speaker wire to 10gauge ofc, i set my gain by ear, my box flexes a lot especially on the top, but not to crazy i fixed an air leak on the side of it. first off, this box wasn't meant for these 18s, they were meant for my previous setup of 4 15s. i have already made a new cut sheet weeks ago, 16 cubes net at 28hz. braced out like crazy. i plan to add 2 more grounds, to the solid frame. first i need to find a way to get a 0 gauge size down there

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.