voltage good, still clipping?

BassAndBeer

CarAudio.com Elite
so I bought 2 dekas today, added another 200ah to my electrical.at full tilt it stays within the high 13s low 14s, that's not a problem. however on my amps bass knob the red clipping indicator comes on. the amp is a q1-4500 and its wired at 1 ohm on my 2 D1 18s. also, they don't sound much louder than my cvr 15s, im wondering why. they sound weak on the low notes! strong on the high ones. subsonic and low pass filters are adjusted to my preference. could it be a box issue? they are in 13 cubes net. tuned to 31hz

Clip light isn't always accurate. Turn sub sonic off. Know your system. Those would kill some kickers so you have your settings or box wrong forsure.
sub sonic is off, deck at 0 on the subs. no bass boost on the amp. and the only noticeable difference I hear with these 18s and my cvrs is the 18s are insane on 40hz and over. other than that, they sound the same if not worse than my cvrs on the low notes 30-35hz. what the F man. gna take one sub out and leave one in, and wire it at half ohm and let it hog all 13 cubes of that air space up. **** better get low and louder. pretty disappointed right now

sub sonic is off, deck at 0 on the subs. no bass boost on the amp. and the only noticeable difference I hear with these 18s and my cvrs is the 18s are insane on 40hz and over. other than that, they sound the same if not worse than my cvrs on the low notes 30-35hz. what the F man. gna take one sub out and leave one in, and wire it at half ohm and let it hog all 13 cubes of that air space up. **** better get low and louder. pretty disappointed right now
Your box can't be right somehow if it isn't sounding as good as the Kickers. Something is off. Or the placement of the box is bad.

Your box can't be right somehow if it isn't sounding as good as the Kickers. Something is off. Or the placement of the box is bad.
maybe they want more than 6 cubes each? need to be tuned lower? aa recommends 28hz, I have them at 31.. also more port area? I think that might play a factor in all this.

maybe they want more than 6 cubes each? need to be tuned lower? aa recommends 28hz, I have them at 31.. also more port area? I think that might play a factor in all this.
How much port area do you have?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

14 sq in of port per
That seems fine. I know you are under powering the woofers like crazy if you have that 1600 still too. But wouldn't damage them. I can't say much after that

Try less port area lower tuning. Just letting you know some results with my 4 hdc318s build. Used 5 sonotubes that can be covered. At 3 opened tubes its at 10 port per cube tuned to 36.5 it plays down to 19hz with authority, no port noise. With 2 tubes open its tuned to 32hz 6 port per cube, no port noise, lost above 55hz gained more impact 19hz to 44hz. With 4 tubes open its 13.5 port per cube tuned to 40hz, I lost output overall, didnt even gain up top... wierd. With 5 open, 16 port per cube tuned to 44hz, subs stank, didnt gain at all even in the upper range. Was hoping to get a powerful burp box but i got a friggen flat response, good sound quality low end demo car instead...

12 to 16 port per cube for slots will transcribe to 9 to 13 for round ports. 8 to 12 with aeros.

CF, Port area and tuning all seem to be as they should... Why no low end??? Gotta be a setting somewhere how u set gains? Even on ur power those subs should still be killing the lows.

Just because your electrical is good, that doesn't mean you can't clip!!!

I don't know what the sensitivity is on the two types of subs, but it might take more power to get louder with the AA's

That being said, they should still be decent on that power. I had my 21's on about 300 watts each and my doors flopped during the low notes:

IDK what subs they sent you but the HDC3s don't get NEARLY THAT LOW. I've owned several of them as well as DD. ESP the aluminum 8 layer coil and ff spiders. it has a fs of about 37.. you must have had them in 10 cubes per! I'm not saying your wrong I'm just say that sounds unusual. I local dealer here had 4 AQ HDC418s in 7 cubes a peace tuned to 30 and it didn't get NEARLY that low

so I bought 2 dekas today, added another 200ah to my electrical.at full tilt it stays within the high 13s low 14s, that's not a problem. however on my amps bass knob the red clipping indicator comes on. the amp is a q1-4500 and its wired at 1 ohm on my 2 D1 18s. also, they don't sound much louder than my cvr 15s, im wondering why. they sound weak on the low notes! strong on the high ones. subsonic and low pass filters are adjusted to my preference. could it be a box issue? they are in 13 cubes net. tuned to 31hz
sounds like you might have a connection issue. no voltage drop means no power consumption.

That seems fine. I know you are under powering the woofers like crazy if you have that 1600 still too. But wouldn't damage them. I can't say much after that
I have the 4500 on them at 1 ohm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.