voltage good, still clipping?

^ so you have you rear batts grounded to the engine block up front instead of your front batt is there a reason why. Better grounding? Same as grounding to the front batt?

^ so you have you rear batts grounded to the engine block up front instead of your front batt is there a reason why. Better grounding? Same as grounding to the front batt?

Guess I should have worded that better, amps ground to rear batts, rear batts ground to front batt, which is grounded to the engine block.

measure the voltage AT THE AMP TERMINALS, you are probably dropping too low and its low voltage protecting if its only low notes.generally when playing under tuning you have less rise, so more power voltage drops lower.

there are only a few things that make an amp protect, and if you changed the wire, the amp isnt hot, and you dont have a dc short, it narrows it down quick.
just checked the voltage at the amp terminals and the lowest it got was 12.9 when that low bass note hits and it went into protect again. the song is 24hz. im confused

Ya seat belt isn't the best place to ground. I have my amps grounded to batts and batts grounded up front to the engine block.
my amp was 12.9 that's the lowest it gets full tilt on the extremely low notes, that make the amp go into protect. my ground is on the rear seat bolt. should I change that? and see if that makes any difference

sub sonic is off, deck at 0 on the subs. no bass boost on the amp. and the only noticeable difference I hear with these 18s and my cvrs is the 18s are insane on 40hz and over. other than that, they sound the same if not worse than my cvrs on the low notes 30-35hz. what the F man. gna take one sub out and leave one in, and wire it at half ohm and let it hog all 13 cubes of that air space up. **** better get low and louder. pretty disappointed right now
What do you mean when you say "deck at 0 on the subs?" I feel like you're not getting the power that amp can deliver lol.

What do you mean when you say "deck at 0 on the subs?" I feel like you're not getting the power that amp can deliver lol.
I have an alpine deck with a sub level adjustment on it, from 0 to 15 and I have it on 0, its lowered all the way. if I turn that up it wont make it louder, it will just distort it.

I have an alpine deck with a sub level adjustment on it, from 0 to 15 and I have it on 0, its lowered all the way. if I turn that up it wont make it louder, it will just distort it.
I have an alpine 7893 and I keep bass on 10 and just use remote bass knob as needed. Amp is a AT 1200.1 at .5

After a few songs of heavy bass I'll start getting into the 12 V range... Hardly ever see the clip light on the knob on. Two group 34s on high output alt with big 3

I have an alpine 7893 and I keep bass on 10 and just use remote bass knob as needed. Amp is a AT 1200.1 at .5 After a few songs of heavy bass I'll start getting into the 12 V range... Hardly ever see the clip light on the knob on. Two group 34s on high output alt with big 3
gain are to match output. 1 volt is enough to drive any amp to max output..

I have an alpine 7893 and I keep bass on 10 and just use remote bass knob as needed. Amp is a AT 1200.1 at .5 After a few songs of heavy bass I'll start getting into the 12 V range... Hardly ever see the clip light on the knob on. Two group 34s on high output alt with big 3
turn your sub level all the way down on the deck, thats only for songs that don't have that much bass, at least mine because it sound distorted when I turn it up on a song that already has a lot of bass.

gain are to match output. 1 volt is enough to drive any amp to max output..
I spoke to soundqubed the other day and told them about what was going on with my amp, they said it most likely is a box rise issue. when a low note hits in my case the low note is 20-25hz, for that moment the amp could be dropping below .5 ohms, and it makes sense. looks like im gna have to play with the sub sonic filter until I get a new box goin

I spoke to soundqubed the other day and told them about what was going on with my amp, they said it most likely is a box rise issue. when a low note hits in my case the low note is 20-25hz, for that moment the amp could be dropping below .5 ohms, and it makes sense. looks like im gna have to play with the sub sonic filter until I get a new box goin
you got that at .5?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.