video of my sundown cut through

Badass man! Nice to see a blowthrough in the OBS Fords. I was going to do 2 18" HDC3s in my 94 F150 Lightning but now im thinking 4 15"s because the box would have to be too tall for a bed cover. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

To bad I realized that after I bought one of the 18"s....

whats it do legal?

tune it alittle higher you have a good sub and enough power to be doing 150 legal. you will also gain with ur sub on the passenger side port on drivers side...

whats it do legal?
tune it alittle higher you have a good sub and enough power to be doing 150 legal. you will also gain with ur sub on the passenger side port on drivers side...
it loses a lot closed up, and i don't care about legal. i say that because i dont have air conditioning, so i always have my windows down. so idc what it does closed up. lol. And ive metered on sub and port side, port side gets louder.

that **** is so dirty. love it lol i like the blow through, ive been pretty tempted to do the same. difficult?

either way , i like your style, definitely a good job. keep it up

i have virtually the same truck, use a small cut off disc on a dremel to notch out a small square in the first skin of the roof inside the cab and shoot some foam in it. It sounds like complete ****. Mine used to do that

i have virtually the same truck, use a small cut off disc on a dremel to notch out a small square in the first skin of the roof inside the cab and shoot some foam in it. It sounds like complete ****. Mine used to do that
lol funny you say that. i drilled holes, and filled it with great stuff. it stopped the rattle, and sounded bad ass. the next comp i went to, it dropped a whole db from it. and on top of that, its against the meca modified 2 rules. Its allowed in m4 and m5, but not m2. which is so fing stupid, im already in modified class, ive already cut a big hole to my bed, but putting foam in the roof? oh no, thats toooo modified.

I had to cut open the roof, from the inside skin, and scrape it out. i put a headliner in it lol. i built a new box, out of plywood, because no matter how much i resin mdfm, water eventually breaks through.

I made the back where i can move it in and change the volume. its at 7 cubic ft. now, and i did 149.6@38hz last meca show this past sunday. another one this saturday, im going to mess with it and hopefully get 150. Ill post pics and a hair trick video in a few

I just bought new amp, an autotek mm4000.1D. i dont have it turned up yet, im waiting to set the gains. ill post improvements. I did really like the audiopipe though, never had any problems, for about 6 months, have a friend with one, over 1.5 years, mounted to his box, no problems. For the price, i don't see how anyone could complain. i almost did a 150 with it.

ALSO, i clamped the input on my audiopipe. at 7 cubic ft, id play 38hz, and it would draw around 200 amps. Then i moved my box in, peaked at 46hz, and it would only draw about 120 amps, and get a better score.

It was wierd, i could do 146 or so@38hz, unbraced, then 148's/149's with bracing. it really helped. Then at 46 hz tuning, i could do 147's unbraced, but lost score when i braced. and drew way less current @46. it was wierd, i guess impedience rise really jumped at that tuning, but was way more efficient.

lol funny you say that. i drilled holes, and filled it with great stuff. it stopped the rattle, and sounded bad ass. the next comp i went to, it dropped a whole db from it. and on top of that, its against the meca modified 2 rules. Its allowed in m4 and m5, but not m2. which is so fing stupid, im already in modified class, ive already cut a big hole to my bed, but putting foam in the roof? oh no, thats toooo modified.
I had to cut open the roof, from the inside skin, and scrape it out. i put a headliner in it lol. i built a new box, out of plywood, because no matter how much i resin mdfm, water eventually breaks through.

I made the back where i can move it in and change the volume. its at 7 cubic ft. now, and i did 149.6@38hz last meca show this past sunday. another one this saturday, im going to mess with it and hopefully get 150. Ill post pics and a hair trick video in a few
Ya, I dont compete with mine but my roof is solid as **** and i actually gained .5 from doing that and some deadener.

What kinda resin did you use? I have used resin on every single one of my boxes in my blow-through and walk-through and never had a problem. Even from leaving it out in the winter with a leak in my tonneau cover.

hope ya like the amp i was gonna get 2 of em but i got a sponsor for my amps and subs now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

what about putting the sub mounting board at a slight angle either up or down - to allow the box to fit below the bed line ?

I got a ****ed up lookin 90 chevy regular cab - 8 ft bed lifted for 36's but only gots 33s now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif and want to do somethin similar

but also dont want to leak water in the cab. how does the acordian boot seal ? good enough ?

cause I dont got a car port or a garage so when ever it rains ... my truck gets raind on haha

also your port looks huge. whats the diamater ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.