Video Request: 2 18's in a sealed enclosure

OneBigHoe

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello, I'm getting back into car audio after a hiatus. I'm looking to do a build in my MK5 Jetta. An idea I'm toying with is 2 18's sealed in the trunk. I should be able to just squeeze in enough space for subs forward. This idea originally started as 2 18" in an IB set up but being a basshead at heart I'm worried the IB set up won't live up to what I want.

I know the simple answer is a set of 12's in 3-4 cu ft between 32-35hz, but I'd like to step outside of the box a little bit. Im just short on room to fit 2 15's and a 8" aero port facing subs forward/port forward, so this is my last ditch effort to make large cone subs work in my application.

Hoping to see some videos of 2 18"s sealed or 2 15"s sealed. Suv, truck, hatch, trunk, I'd like to see them all! Thanks in advance.

Hello, I'm getting back into car audio after a hiatus. I'm looking to do a build in my MK5 Jetta. An idea I'm toying with is 2 18's sealed in the trunk. I should be able to just squeeze in enough space for subs forward. This idea originally started as 2 18" in an IB set up but being a basshead at heart I'm worried the IB set up won't live up to what I want.

I know the simple answer is a set of 12's in 3-4 cu ft between 32-35hz, but I'd like to step outside of the box a little bit. Im just short on room to fit 2 15's and a 8" aero port facing subs forward/port forward, so this is my last ditch effort to make large cone subs work in my application.

Hoping to see some videos of 2 18"s sealed or 2 15"s sealed. Suv, truck, hatch, trunk, I'd like to see them all! Thanks in advance.
He pops the trunk towards the end, pretty cool!

Last edited:
Ported, sealed, relative to the goal/drivers. Could really do it up and go with 4 18's, ported in an Isobaric load, man oh man!

4 of these Isobaric (compound) loaded, in a 3 cubic foot box...

Last edited:
Do you happen to have a video?

I'm thinking 2 DC Level 4 18's on around 3-4k. Either stock soft parts or PSI soft parts
I don't believe anything in the DC lineup is really fit for running sealed alignment.

IF you're just looking to cram as much cone area into as small airspace as possible you can brute force reasonably loud with pretty much anything. Do what you like.

Anthony Carrigan Omg GIF by HBO

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...