The wall of MAYHEM 36 12's

9515ROB
10+ year member

TEAM DTF
Sherman IL
mine and kyeldiablo/tahoefixssd wall huge wall build

alright so we got bored the other night and deiced we are going to go build some stupid big wall and when i mean stupid BIG you got no idea. We wanted to build something that no one else around here had done or will ever do because there is absolutely no point of it.

This was kinda a budget build so didnt use mdf because it would have cost us more than you would ever believe. So before you go say some smart *** remark that we didnt us MDF then you can pay for it!

alright well this box is for 36 12 inch woofers. We are planing on using QPOWER silver series subs because they are cheap as hell and they are plan so they dont have some ugly design or cone on them.

The box is about 75-80cf after displacement and its tuned to 27hz. It is 10ft tall 8ft wide and i think some where around 20inch deep

This is going in a Garage by the way

the wood

p><p>g

right when we got done laying out this we finally realized how big this actually was going to be

Photo0285.jpg

a little bit of the sheeting on yes i know its not mdf

Photo0286.jpg

well we skipped a little of the build i kinda forgot to take pictures but here is the port. to left is just gonna be a space that is covered up and wont do anything.

Photo0287.jpg

yeah thats alot of holes and is gonna be a hell of alot of cone area

Photo0288.jpg

what a ***

Photo0289.jpg

yeah you dont realize how big it is till you stand it up and u are just amazed

Photo0290.jpg

more pics to come we still have to brace it and do some other small things to finish her up

looks sick, but i would hate to have to wire all those subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif.

looks sick, but i would hate to have to wire all those subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif.
thankfully they are only single voice-coil or else i would go real crazy bc i know im gonna be the 1 in there wiring them. Its gonna **** tho

wow, how much the subs gona cost to your door? when done what ya gona do just sell off the subs etc?
i dont know exactly yet it will be less than a grand i know that and we will keep this for awhile but if we ever do get tired of it we will probly sell them or do some other stupid build with them

thankfully they are only single voice-coil or else i would go real crazy bc i know im gonna be the 1 in there wiring them. Its gonna **** tho
i was just going to ask if the were single or double, that should make it a little bit easier. haha

we have a screw loose lol i could be using the money to fund the rebuild of the yukon and rob needs new doors and speakers. but were retarded and spend it on this stuff haha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.