very bad voltage drop on 1k rms

check the alternators volts for charging with a multimeter.
you don't have the walmart battery wired to the optimas do you? i hope not
alt is good had checked recently . the batts in the back are getting there charge from the front battery positive terminal . then i just grounded them in the rear. is that not good?

alt is good had checked recently . the batts in the back are getting there charge from the front battery positive terminal . then i just grounded them in the rear. is that not good?
I had my carquest lead acid battery wired parallel with my yellowtop for about 2 weeks. ANd when I talked to optima, and mechman alternators, and read it online. THey all said the same thing. DO not wire batteries together that are not the same.

I had my carquest lead acid battery wired parallel with my yellowtop for about 2 weeks. ANd when I talked to optima, and mechman alternators, and read it online. THey all said the same thing. DO not wire batteries together that are not the same.
I wired couple of batts this way and never experienced bad voltage drop or even bad batts..ill replace the front with another optima and see what happens

i would take one of the yellow top and replace the walmart battery with it and if amp is not 1 ohm staple maybe this is the problem

Mechman and optima are full of crap... U can use different batts in ur setup I do and always have. I will say they all need to be the same tech. Like either all agm's or all lead batts I would not mix those two. But I have ran g31's with g45's and on and on never a single issue.

i was running two db drive pd2000.1 strapped at 1ohm . hence why i have 3 batts in the back. db drives ended up takein a sh^*
ok.... this worries me . i was about to get one of these and run it @ 1ohm... i have a batt up front 2 in hatch, stock alt(not sure what size stock alt is on a blazer)

ok.... this worries me . i was about to get one of these and run it @ 1ohm... i have a batt up front 2 in hatch, stock alt(not sure what size stock alt is on a blazer)
there great amps. dont get me wrong they will put out rated power and some. you will just need to keep your voltage above 12.5 when these amps are on.

i would deff recommend

there great amps. dont get me wrong they will put out rated power and some. you will just need to keep your voltage above 12.5 when these amps are on.i would deff recommend
i see. i dont like my voltage to be below 13v if that. before i was running full tilt and dipping to about 13.4 on average. im going to use a dmm and oscope to keep rms power @ 2k and to keep signal clean. i was just worried. i mean you had 2 of these strapped im only doing one. i mean i figure i should be sitting pretty good. i hope. well i have a choice from the db drive pd2000 or planet audio bb2400. so i figured the db is better choice of the 2.

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

there great amps. dont get me wrong they will put out rated power and some. you will just need to keep your voltage above 12.5 when these amps are on.i would deff recommend
i need to figure what size alt i have

TL/DR

my money would be on incorrect amp settings. Playing subsonic too low, wasted power on freq that fall below systems tuning setup. amp clipping cuz gain to high. bass boost. ...

TL/DR
my money would be on incorrect amp settings. Playing subsonic too low, wasted power on freq that fall below systems tuning setup. amp clipping cuz gain to high. bass boost. ...
subsonic is at about 35-36hz gain is set between all the way down and half walf . there is no bass boost on the alpine pdx. thanks tho

Mechman and optima are full of crap... U can use different batts in ur setup I do and always have. I will say they all need to be the same tech. Like either all agm's or all lead batts I would not mix those two. But I have ran g31's with g45's and on and on never a single issue.
That is what I meant. I was told that they must be of the same chemical make up.

Here is a quote

"No, when hooking batteries together in parallel they should be of identical make, model and of similar age."

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

did anyone else laugh at teh fact he said "i had 4 runs of 4ga wire" ?????
no. but i am not LOL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.