Very loud humming/ buzzing noise immediately when head unit turns amps on

Participant count
  • Participant list

lucasguirate01

CarAudio.com Newbie
nj
System was fine. Have 4 components 2 tweeters hooked up to 4 passive cross overs, 2 of the crossovers only had components on them. Just wired the second pair of tweeters to those crossovers. Now when I turn the car on extremely loud buzzing humming noise comes out the the components. I then disconnected the tweeters I just wired still have the noise, if anyone can help I’d really appreciate it

Poor Pioneer has left a bad experience on alot of us. First with the pico fuse ordeal, then with the bad customer service in the repair of said issue, then the piecemeal sale of peripherals (left front channel sold separately). A long ways from their Super Tuner III days.
Yes. Quite a Shame man. Those old S.Tuners were some excellent units. Sony is making a comeback with units with like a 3 year warranty on some Ive been looking at. Id prob pick up a Dual HU before I would an Pioneer these days. LOL 👀 👀 :poop:

With the sytstem off, disconnect the rear RCAs then turn it on. If no noise, check if amp has option to use front RCAs as main feed. Test it.
So with the car running now rca connected to the amp. I connected the rear the red one to the amp nothing happened. I then only connected the white one witch I believe to be front that’s when the noise happened. Is there any why I could take a video of the noice and send it on here ?

Is there any why I could take a video of the noice and send it on here
Others have posted video but I have not. So I do not know if it is as easy as posting a picture. Go to Attach Files, it will link you to your phone's storage. From there choose video if it is available.
happened. I then only connected the white one witch I believe to be front that’s when the noise happened
Usually Red is Right and White is Left. Would you post a picture of the the RCAs connected?

Others have posted video but I have not. So I do not know if it is as easy as posting a picture. Go to Attach Files, it will link you to your phone's storage. From there choose video if it is available.

Usually Red is Right and White is Left. Would you post a picture of the the RCAs connected?
This video was the first time it went into protection.

Attachments

• IMG_3834.jpeg
    IMG_3834.jpeg
    866.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3836.mov
    29.2 MB
  • IMG_3835.jpeg
    IMG_3835.jpeg
    958.2 KB · Views: 21
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...