unOfficial 2008 alpine iDA-X--- series HU thread

Hi. Can anyone help me with this problem. I’ve been tearing my hair out for days now!!
I bought a 16gb usb stick to play music on my ida-x100. It worked fine at first but I formatted it due to some corrupt files that I could not delete. I formatted it FAT32 and now it is no longer recognised by the head unit. It works fine in a laptop and PS3. But he message “no usb device” is displayed. Other usb stcks work fine in the head unit.

I have been told that I may have deleted some embedded software on the stick that is required for it to work on the head unit, and that this software is usually only on higher memory usb sticks?? Or that the voltage required by 8gb and 16gb sticks is higher than smaller ones, but if this was the case it wouldn’t have worked initially.

Any help appreciated, cheers.

Try and convert the stick to NTFS then back to Fat32 using Partition Magic. It would not load up my HD at first but that fixed it.

Anyroad....Does anybody know why my "random mix mode" only plays songs from the first 4 albums? I'm using an external HD by the way and i've tried Drivesort but still it does it!

Cheers

Anyroad....Does anybody know why my "random mix mode" only plays songs from the first 4 albums? I'm using an external HD by the way and i've tried Drivesort but still it does it!
Cheers
I was told by Alpine tech support that there is a real limit (10,000 songs) that the x100 can handle via hard drive. I had the identical problem with my 250GB drive, which is why I switched to a 160GB iPod. No problems since.

hopefully not too off topic but Im in the market for the x100 however I wanted to see if there is any word of the next version of the x100 in the near future. I realize it came out like Jan or whatnot but if I can wait two months and get the x101 (or whatever) it might be worthwhile. Otherwise Im buying this badboy tomorrow =P

Thanks

Now the only problem is getting the Sirius to work with my Imprint module. Alpine Tech told me my 3 yr old SIR-ALP1 will not work with the PXA-H100, so I bought the two new Sirius Connect modules and connected them up, but they reacted identically to the old module.

The problem is I get nothing but static, however the display is showing the station name, song name and artist on the display. The problem is not that the Sirius isn't working, but instead it seems the input on the Imprint isn't letting the sound pass thru. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif
I don't know if you got this resolved XXVANN, nor do I know for sure that this is accurate... however from looking at the Owner manual (pg 44-en on the PDF) it looks like you need to flip the switch on the bottom of the HU in order to reverse the RCAs from 'out' to 'in' when you wire up the PXA-H100.

I don't know if you got this resolved XXVANN, nor do I know for sure that this is accurate... however from looking at the Owner manual (pg 44-en on the PDF) it looks like you need to flip the switch on the bottom of the HU in order to reverse the RCAs from 'out' to 'in' when you wire up the PXA-H100.
Thanks, I did get it to work after swapping the Imprint module for the Sirius unit in the AI-NET path. I had it wired thusly:

x100 PXA-H100 SIR-ALP1

It should be wired thusly:

x100 SIR-ALP1 PXA-H100

Anyone with Sirius module & a steering wheel wired remote (I'm thinking something like the PAC SWI-JACK) - is it possible to cycle through Sirius presets with buttons on the steering wheel? I really want the x100 for the display, but I'm really having a hard time with the idea of presets requiring visual attention and multiple button presses to select.

Quick question about the X001. does it work with the newest generation ipods? My 2nd gen nano just got filled up so i'm in the market for a new ipod i just want to make sure the new ones work with it.

Thanks!

As a followup to my own question... the X100 with the PAC SWI-JACK does work to switch to 'next/prev preset' via steering wheel controls in both regular and Sirius Radio modes. It isn't 'perfect' for me (have to kind of hold the swc button down a bit, it isn't an instant press), but it works well enough. It is annoying that the Sirius presets don't show the channel number or anything other than 'Preset-1', 'Preset-2' when assigning them.

Quick question about the X001. does it work with the newest generation ipods? My 2nd gen nano just got filled up so i'm in the market for a new ipod i just want to make sure the new ones work with it.
Thanks!
anyone have an answer to this? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.