Pioneer/Pico Fuse issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

thorshammer1
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Auburn, NY
I was talking with my Boss last week and told him about the problems with Pioneer headunits and thier pico fuse problem. He stated that he had never heard that in the 30+yrs he's been apart of the 12v community and shop owner.

He did some calling around to fellow business owners that sold Pioneer and they said they had never heard of this.

Am I crazy? I've had 5 pioneer headunits all loose thier pico fuse.

Who else has had this issue?

There is a huge thread on this...HUGE. He might be a spy for Pioneer watch your back bro. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Seriously though its a VERY COMMON problem with pioneer HU's. Caused from messing with RCA's while still having power in the system, by from what Ive gathered.

I personally wont do pioneer i know they make some decent stuff but its just not my tip, However i have grown very found of JVC's Arsenal series HU's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Is it me or does your sig say you have an eclipse cd7000?
This is the first deck Ive had thats not Pioneer. I just bought it off of Jax and it hasnt been installed yet so I technically only still have Pioneer HU's. Today or tomorrow that will change when I get the mounting hardware from United Radio.

Generally what Ive seen is the PICO fuse is installer error that causes it to go bad.

Look up the thread Its there, they even talked about making it a sticky once upon a time. Millions of Pico issues haha //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

This is the first deck Ive had thats not Pioneer. I just bought it off of Jax and it hasnt been installed yet so I technically only still have Pioneer HU's. Today or tomorrow that will change when I get the mounting hardware from United Radio.
Generally what Ive seen is the PICO fuse is installer error that causes it to go bad.
I would have to agree in most instances.

Im on my 3rd Pioneer and havent had this issue....and to they guy about the JVC aresenals, those are some nice decks for a reasonable price. Sonic has a few for a good price right now. I was considering getting one, but at my core Im a pioneer guy.

There is a huge thread on this...HUGE. He might be a spy for Pioneer watch your back bro. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Seriously though its a VERY COMMON problem with pioneer HU's. Caused from messing with RCA's while still having power in the system, by from what Ive gathered.
It happened to mine but I think it was because I grounded the REM wire while it was hot *facepalm*

It sparked, the HU shut off and the sub RCA output never worked the same.

Im on my 3rd Pioneer and havent had this issue....and to they guy about the JVC aresenals, those are some nice decks for a reasonable price. Sonic has a few for a good price right now. I was considering getting one, but at my core Im a pioneer guy.
They are some nice decks, Im on my second one, was looking at another that had a 3.5inch dvd on a single DIN found it on amazon. Looks like a winner gonna try it out soon. But tried a pioneer once older used model never had ne problems with it as far as that goes. OH YEAH to the OP they rigged a fix for it and its to take a wire run it around the rca's and ground it to the casing of the HU. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.