unOfficial 2008 alpine iDA-X--- series HU thread

hi everyone. I'm now, from Rome, italy.

I have a x303 and the bt400. I use this unit with an 8gb usb.

All ok until I put in it over 1000 songs (mp3 and some aac from itunes codec). Now I have 1400 songs and it banks 1000 in BANK1.

all ok. I can go in bank1 and listen the songs.

but I cannot go and read the BANK2.

why? Have I take an ipod? I think no.

does ipod touch 3nd go on x303/305?

cheers

Hello all, new member here and new owner of a X100

Love it so far and i don't even own an iPod, currently using a corsair 16gb stick and asside from having to copy over my folders in alphabetical order letter by letter so they will be arranged correctly everything is pretty sweet about this HU over all

someone in here mentioned that if a USB stick is not recognized by the HU to format it to NTFS then back to FAT32, I had to do that to my corsair stick to get it to work but now all is good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I picked this thing up at a local BB for an incredible price, I was contemplating getting the new X303 for 200 when i was there or the new DA-105 but I saw they had their old floor model X100 for sale marked $230. I knew it was a better unit (due to the screen, thats what i really did not like about the X303 i would imagine its hard to navigate folders with the non LCD screen )

I had them check the price on the X100 at the reg and it rang up for $90!! i was like i'll take it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It was missing the USB and iPod cables as well as its trim ring but the bare essentials were there, it was in good shape for a floor model and its working like a champ

final note on the sound quality I will agree that its pretty lack luster but I thankfully have a good old Alpine ERE-G180 11 band EQ with BBE and that thing makes any head unit sound amazing.

overall i would say the sound quality is quite a bit better than my Panasonic CQ-VD7500U DVD flip out that it replaced. one of the screen motors died in the panny a week ago after 6 solid years of good use i guess it was time to update anyways //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I

Howdy Folks!

I've had an IDA-X100 in my ride for a few months. Love it so far, mainly run it with an 80GB iPOD. I'm currently on my stock speakers using the HU power, but I have a new Sundown 100.4D on the way and plan on upgrading to some decent components (pretty set on either Hertz HSK 165 or DLS R6A).

With this level of equipment, I'm seriously considering the PXA imprint module (and probably the imprint tuning kit). Since I'm DIY'ing it and don't have a ton of car audio experience, would this provide a good/better final tune [vs. my manual setup]? I'm thinking even with the imprint module, the HU is improved with some extended EQ functions.

Anybody running it on their IDA?

Wow pretty cool that this this thread is still pretty active and the first post was meh and this thing *****...lol. I just like to update it a little. I have no clue where the converter program is located any more. I know some people have PM me looking for it. Sorry i dont have a clue.

Well like these guys \/.

I ran into a problem, my cord broke that came with the unit. So i try to use my apple ipod cord and THEY DO NOT WORK. You have to use the alpine ipod cord. Replacements can be brought:

Part number 09-09244Z01

Consumer Electronic Parts and Accessories at PacParts, Inc.

or

Alpine KCU-440i

I have iDA-X001 and recently broke that USB cord that connects the ipod to the cord that connects to the head unit. I tried using the white cord that came with my ipod that I use to connect to my computer, but the head unit gives me an Ipod Detection Error. Do I need to order another one of those black cords to get my ipod to read correctly again?
Here is a solution if you are having issues with an iPod giving a USB Device Error when using the USB cable. First reset the Head Unit and iPod. If that does not work, remove the USB cable from the back of the head unit. If that still does not fix the issue, replace the cable.
I finally got my X100 into the shop to be replaced. They were waiting on some other equipment to come in for me. The one part they don't know when it will come in, so we were going to install the rest today including a X305 to replace the X100. It turns out that one of the parts that came in was ordered incorrectly, so I'll have to wait on that.

After installing the X305 and hooking up my iPod, the HU displayed the USB Device Error. We tried 3 more iPods and each gave the error. I asked the installer if he had changed the USB cable and he said no, after we switched it out we got Error 01. We the reset the HU and it works great.

USB Device Error apparently is not the fault of your iPod or HU, the fuse in the USB cable gets damaged in some way.

Hello Guy's!I'm from Russia, So sorry for my English!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I wanna ask you for help. I've got a problem with my IDA x303. I bought IPOD nano 4g specially to play music, Podcast and AudioBooks on My IDA X303. HU work's almost great, but mess up everything when i press "Shuffle All": Song's, audiobooks and podcast. And I don't know Why!?

It look's strange, but when i press "Search", select Album Category, i see Album's and over half of Podcast there. Other half in category "Podcast".

But the podcast shouldn't be in Album, Right? I restored Ipod, But Problem the same.

I have already spoken with my tech support, and the guy checked this out and said lately that Iphone 3g work's OK with X303. And He don't have Ipod Nano 4g.

So I don't know, Is that problem of IPOD or HU?

So, I've got a few question for you:

1. When i press Shuffle All - Only music song's should be shuffled, right? It's just use the function "shuffle" on Ipod? By the way, Ipod without HU "Shuffle"song in appropriate way.

May be it work's the way it made?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

2. What do you think about that? How i can solve the problem? Maybe it's because of IPOD?

Tomorrow is the last day, as i think, that i can make an exchange, so i'm waiting for your answer's!
I know this is late but the problem you are having is an easy fix.

How can I get iTunes to skip certain songs in shuffle mode? :: Free Tech Support :: Ask Dave Taylor!

Here is a solution if you are having issues with an iPod giving a USB Device Error when using the USB cable. First reset the Head Unit and iPod. If that does not work, remove the USB cable from the back of the head unit. If that still does not fix the issue, replace the cable.
I finally got my X100 into the shop to be replaced. They were waiting on some other equipment to come in for me. The one part they don't know when it will come in, so we were going to install the rest today including a X305 to replace the X100. It turns out that one of the parts that came in was ordered incorrectly, so I'll have to wait on that.

After installing the X305 and hooking up my iPod, the HU displayed the USB Device Error. We tried 3 more iPods and each gave the error. I asked the installer if he had changed the USB cable and he said no, after we switched it out we got Error 01. We the reset the HU and it works great.

USB Device Error apparently is not the fault of your iPod or HU, the fuse in the USB cable gets damaged in some way.
Hey there sorry to bring up and old thread, but I was wondering how you reset the x305 and what USB cable you replaced the original one with.

Well... I thought I would post back now that I've heard from Alpine on the issue.
Alpine states that the IDA-X305 does support USB flash drives, its not a "supported" feature however. It is a known issue that the head unit will only mix the first 150 or so files on the drive, regardless of how you attempt to arrange them.
After some trials i ran (pressing the next button a few 100th times) i have found out this is not 100% correct.

(altough it looks that way)

The USB MIX function starts playing somwhere at the first songs of your library.

Then to choose the next song the fuction goes up or down randomly a few tracks. And so one and one.

This means that "eventually" it will wander up or down to a different part of your library on your usb device. (this however can take hours or even days depending on how big your collection is)

I tried this out by pressing the "next song" button a few 100th times.

first it played the song numbers ranging in the 0 to 100. but slowly it wandered up playing songs ranging between 100 and 200. then it wandered back down playing songs in the range 0 to 100 again And after that it went slowly up to the 300-400 range.

So it's not really selecting a random song but it uses sort of a "drunken motion" to stumble through your library.

Ofcourse this is a pretty lame way of playing random songs in a big library because at the beginning of your trip you always start out by playing the same first songs and only moving to songs further away a long long time later. And if you have bad luck it just keeps wandering around the first songs.

It would have been much better if the HU picked a completly random song out of the whole range of the library.

Hey guys,

I'm about to pick up a new HU.. I'm looking at the x303 because it plays pandora...

However, I would really like to get the x100 since it has a better screen, but my main concern is that it won't play pandora radio. I was wondering if I got this "music controls" app, I would be able to play pandora with the x100. The app basically lets your control pandora and other music apps as if it were playing from your iphone's ipod.

Here's a youtube link on the app:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.