unOfficial 2008 alpine iDA-X--- series HU thread

To JRVtecaccord:
How is your x100 wired so that you still have nav? Is the nav integrated with unit? Where are you receiving power from?
The navi is OEM.

I used the metra connector for recieve power to the HU. I will be removing that connector though, it disables my voice prompts from the navi. It's been too hot for me to work on it though:)

No more faffing around with IRFANVIEW and APNCONVERTER.exe!!!

If anyone is interested you no longer have to mess around with converting images to RAW at the right dimensions and then doing a command line op to convert your images for the Alpine players, check this out:

http://www.riotcreative.co.uk/tools/AlpineConverter.aspx

It's free, it's all online and it just converts the image, jpeg, png whatever and gives it back to you as a download. You don't even have to make sure the file is the right dimensions, it'll resize it for you and stretch it if need be.

It even has a cool preview so you can see what your pic will look like on the player!!

It is so much easier than the old way. I think the backdrop thing is cool, and I wouldn't mind changing it quite often - this just makes it a 2 second process, especially with the preview.

Lovin' it.

on the x100, anyway to change the font size of the ipod stuff on the screen? The font is crazy big. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

For you that have had problems with playing from USB devices, the unit must comply with the "USB mass storage device class" or something similar to work, if that might be the problem?

Speaking of uncompressed, I do believe that the HUs will also play WMA (which I think is uncompressed) alongside AAC. And for you who dislike the Fruit company's products, there must be stand alone converters that work to your satisfaction???

Was the 10,000 song limitation only for playback from HDs? Anyway, I have close to 170 GB worth of songs (AAC) on my HD and I am very far from even reaching half of the limit. What about banking? As I understood the manual, it banks as a default, that is, divide the songs up into 10 blocks of 1000 songs each, is that correct, or do have to select that feature? (I've only looked into the iXA-200 manual).

No more faffing around with IRFANVIEW and APNCONVERTER.exe!!!
If anyone is interested you no longer have to mess around with converting images to RAW at the right dimensions and then doing a command line op to convert your images for the Alpine players, check this out:

http://www.riotcreative.co.uk/tools/AlpineConverter.aspx

It's free, it's all online and it just converts the image, jpeg, png whatever and gives it back to you as a download. You don't even have to make sure the file is the right dimensions, it'll resize it for you and stretch it if need be.

It even has a cool preview so you can see what your pic will look like on the player!!

It is so much easier than the old way. I think the backdrop thing is cool, and I wouldn't mind changing it quite often - this just makes it a 2 second process, especially with the preview.

Lovin' it.
nice tool, but it doesnt seem to be working. It will not download the picture. Also, it does not always work when you click "upload".

Anyone else having this similar issue?

So, those of you that have the iDA-X___ (especially iDA-X200) together with Imprint (if any) are you happy with it? Anyone care to elaborate a bit about the time correction facility, the parametric eq, active filters, in the way of handling and perceived quality of the implementation of the facility? It's on top of my list.

What would your advice to a non-experienced be, regarding installation, not setting it up? Is it complicated to install the unit/s?

When I first got my x100 I remember nagivating to the Alpine i-Personalize website and seeing text that suggested you could update firmware by placing the firmware file in a USB flash drive and connecting it to the unit.

That has since since been removed and all you see at the i-Personalize site is wallpaper stuff.

Maybe I'm not remembering that right, so does anyone know if that's possible? As new iPods and iPhone's come out, you'd think there would be a way to update the firmware to get them to work.

A few questions on X100:

-Can the font size be changed?

-Can the firmware be updated (see post above)

-Any better way to search the ipod? I found that you can press the outer ring of the turn dial in and then turn and it skips from A to B to C, etc which is nice but still rather slow with 8000+ mp3s.

-On the radio, any easier way to switch between presets? Hitting the preset button, then turning knob and clicking in is only a few clicks but **** its annoying. Id like just a cycle button to go preset 1 to 2 to 3, etc for easy jumping around.

-When I click the time button it goes to the album art, can this function be removed? Would rather not ever see that as its already on the main interface and just an extra step to check the time

Thanks guys!

I'd like to know if the album art dissapears so i can see my background without the album in the middle of the screen. As for presets, there is no way around it. The head unit was made speifically for ipods, so it was targetting young individuals who rely on ipods as their main source, so radio was a step behind.

hiiii new here hehe and just bought the x100

anyway dunno if u guys have this problem. i use a 8gb usb stick, when i set to random play, it only randoms a few folders instead of all of them.

any way to solve this problem? thx

hiiii new here hehe and just bought the x100
anyway dunno if u guys have this problem. i use a 8gb usb stick, when i set to random play, it only randoms a few folders instead of all of them.

any way to solve this problem? thx
I'm looking into getting one of these decks and am curious about this too. Maybe setting up a playlist could be a work around? Can the x100 play playlists through a USB or external HD? If I played a playlist with all my mp3s on it on random, would it play only the first few artists or all of them?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.