Ugh, no Big 3 for me..

Bossman150

Senior VIP Member
Iowa
Well I just found out just to get to the alternator in my car you have to empty and remove the AC compressor. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif So there is no way I am going to do the big 3 until I need an HO alternator, no way I am doing that twice. What a bunch of shi*t.

Go ahead and do the rest of the big 3. In most cases (with a stock alternator) the extra grounds help more than the extra positive cable anyway.

Go ahead and do the rest of the big 3. In most cases (with a stock alternator) the extra grounds help more than the extra positive cable anyway.
Yeah, grounding kits are popular for my car, now I know why lol.

No idea on the specifics of that car, but in some cases a manual may state a/c removal when you can just unbolt it to get the access you need.
this^^^...exactly what i had to do to mine. Two bolts on the front of the compressor and prop it up and over out of the way.

Exactly, simply adding the additional ground will give you much better results that not having them.

And I was going to say, my ac compressor is under my alternator, Had to be unbolted and pushed aside to access the alternator. No emptying required. May be the case in your vehicle. Good luck!

Ok thanks guys, I will check into just moving the compressor out of the way. I will probably get at leasts the grounds done soon.

I had to unbolt the motor mounts and slide the whole motor forward and up to put my alternator in..
My question for you is, why? Do you have ludicrous amounts of time and money to spend on something so wasteful lol. I can see how important spl is for you but, don't people usually do builds in a car with room in it....?

not intending to bash you, but there has to be something that makes it worth going through all that.

Because the love for bass? We're all bassheads here and to power a high power amp you need a HO alternator there's no question about that. How much we're willing to sacrifice for the hobby is up to each person. That's why I'm getting rid of my honda and getting a tahoe. Import cars make it a b*^tch to change the alternator //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.