Subwoofer impedance selector help?

Hey guys, I have a Cerwin-Vega V122D and it has some nifty little feature that I need help with. This subwoofer is a DVC and is 2ohms. It has only one set of terminals on it. Here is the sub Now, this sub has one set of terminals, and a switch that lets you go from 1ohm to 4ohm. How would I wire two of these for a Hifonics ZRX 1000.1D if their is only one set of terminals? I want at least a 2ohm load on the amp, or a 1ohm load. Remember, it only has one set of terminals and a switch. Any pictures or drawings would be appreciated. The ZRX is a Mono amp, but has to outputs for subs. Could I just set both of them to 4ohm and the amp would see a 2ohm load?

Set the subwoofers up for 4 ohms each, then wire the pair of them in parallel. You can either join the positive and negative wires inside the enclosure, then run one pair to the amplifier, or wire each subwoofer directly to one pair of output terminals on the amplifier.

That is what the switch is for, it does it internally, if you set it at 1 ohm it parallels the coil if you set it at 4 ohm it series the coil, hook it up just like 2 single voice coil subs in parrallel, set switch at 4 ohm parralell the 2 speaker on the amp=2ohm

Yes , the amp is internally bridged. You will see two ohms
it's not bridged. There are just two places to connect to the single channel -- if you use both outputs it's a parallel connection. Same as using two leads from one output.

Mono amps have been set up like this for years, and very few of them (none off the top of my head) are internally bridged.

Atilla -- if you set the subs to 4 ohms you have only two options. wiring parallel as you've been clearly instructed to achieve 2 ohms, or wiring in series which would get you 8.

The horse is dead.

it's not bridged. There are just two places to connect to the single channel -- if you use both outputs it's a parallel connection. Same as using two leads from one output.Mono amps have been set up like this for years, and very few of them (none off the top of my head) are internally bridged.

Atilla -- if you set the subs to 4 ohms you have only two options. wiring parallel as you've been clearly instructed to achieve 2 ohms, or wiring in series which would get you 8.

The horse is dead.
I didn't mean to kill your horse. :p Maybe give it a kiss?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.