Tweeters sound "better" when I put my hand right in front of them??

Really? I've heard that can mess up your mids and/or tweets if you adjust your crossover points while your volume is turned up.
Can anyone chime in and confirm either way? I'd definitely like to know....it's a real pain having to kill the volume every time I make a crossover adjustment on my HU.
i've beeen doing it for a year and haven't damaged any of my 2 sets of components. but eh if you want to play it the safe way... i guess you shouldnt.

Well, imagine how wonderful it would be to accidentally disable your crossover entirely at full blast say...to your tweeters //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Full range = blammo to the poor tweets. I wouldn't like to see what would happen to my mids if i tried to suddenly send them full range at high volume levels either...they like being crossed over //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Digitally adjusting the slope or x-over point on your deck shouldn't hurt the speakers as long as you don't accidentally adjust them too far...

i think your hand is just acting as an acoustic blocker and your not hearing all of the sounds your tweeters is producing. Why not just try turning the highs down a touch

Seeing as they're directly on-axis with your right ear, I'd suggest you turn them off-axis.

They sound richer when you block them because the high end isn't nearly as pronounced. Angle them inwards and that should solve the problem.

is one out of phase? or is it the sound reflecting off your hand then the windshield that brings it in to better time with your mids?

You could buy manequin hands and have the weirdest SQ setup to date.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.