90 watt rms 6.5 door spks

Participant count
  • Participant list

fogelmclovin
10+ year member

pa
I have a 4 channel, 90 RMS per ch. amp. The front door mounting depth in my honda CRV is kinda shallow. I think it's around 2 1/8 at most. I'm havin' a hard time finding any spks. that are shallow enough to fit but can take the 90 RMS. My amp has a high pass crossover. If I filter the bass, can I push a little extra power through? If not, any sugg. on what spks. to look into. Trying to spend less than 100, and I'm probably not a good enough installer to handle components with a seperate tweeter. Thanks for your help.

Is it possible to put a 1/2" spacer behind the speaker?

Also, you don't need to be a good installer to cut a 2" diameter hole and stick a tweeter in it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I'm not sure I have the room behind the spkr. cover.....but I'll check.

Its not the hole cutting I'm worried about, It the door panel removal. But I'll do some research to see what that entails. I looked on the Install DR. website, and there was no info about spkr replacement. I think that cuz you really only have to pop off the cover. I'm really not incompetent, just a little lazy.

My amp has a high pass crossover. If I filter the bass, can I push a little extra power through? .
- Yes.

Almani Components are 2.25" deep... and like kross said, you can make a spacer ring to get more depth out of 1/4" MDF, and you can install tweeters.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.