Tweeter Spheres - pics and examples

ok but where do u get the spheres ?
michael's arts and crafts stores

woodenballs.jpg

michaels or hobby lobby or other craft stores carries them, as mentioned. a paddle bit can also make the hole you need. remember if you want to make a stepped hole - to start with the larger diameter then finish with the smaller diameter.

the real trick is figuring out aiming and the angle at which you should drill for the threaded rod - relative to the angle of the apillar.

i realized my angle is more than i intended, they will fire across more than i intended... so i may remake them. but for only a few hours - not a big loss. i'll run these for now. finish pics coming later tonight.

I used some rope caulk to temporarily hold the tweeters in place and also hold the grill on. i want to test before i make these permanant.

i'm also taking a different approach. instead of having the grill flush with the sphere, i have the actual tweeter cone flush and the grill protrudes - should be better, we'll see.

these vifa are tough since you have to make your own grill. normal tweeters are MUCH easier to finish off.

tweeterspheres022012001.jpg

tweeterspheres022012002.jpg

tweeterspheres022012003.jpg

tweeterspheres022012004.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^
That... or we buy blocks of wood and whittle them down. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
i have a plan to make large home audio spheres with the new Dayton full range or Fostex full range - i will make the sphere enclosures out of concentric rings of birch, so the inside is diffuse. then i need to finish the outside with either a router, sander, filler, or all of the above.

I think u have some business kha! Nice work man. I have only seen these utilized twice in many years and they both proved quite advantageous in both. Great thread starter

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.