Having some issues with my setup...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Teej
10+ year member

I'm having a few problems with my setup. I've been running it for the past year and a half and I've had enough. My problems only occur when I'm sitting in the driver or passenger seat, also. If I sit in the back of my car (2001 Jeep Cherokee), then the system sounds perfect.

Problems in the front seat:

1. The bass seems to be delayed or slowly fall behind.

2. Between 75 and 140 Hz or so is non existent.

My system isn't the best. I've got a sealed 10" Type R at 900W, Hifonics BRZ1200.1D, JVC KDR730BT, and crappy pioneer speakers on HU power. I assumed that the midbass problem was due to the speakers, but since the midbass sounds balanced when sitting in the back seat, I don't think that's the problem.

Any ideas?

So I noticed today that when I open the driver door, the midbass improves dramatically. I assume that speaker is probably out of phase, then?

check you HPF and LPF on the headunit and amp. turn your bass boosts and bass enhancments off or to the lowest they can. and set eq to flat

All EQs are flat. LPF is 90Hz or so and HPF is 85Hz. I assume the speaker is out of phase because when I shut my door the midbass goes away.

I checked my phase today because I took the doors off my Jeep and had to change the wire to a disconnectable one. I tried it both ways and the problem still lies. Neither way sounded better at all. Sounded the same. My only guess is that it could be the speakers lacking midbass and I just need new ones. Over winter break I'm definitely getting an amp and new 6.5" speakers, so I guess I'll leave it til then. I can't have my car at school, anyway.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.