Tweeter Spheres - pics and examples

I'm thinking that what makes these things so interesting is that you can adjust them at practically any given time without modification ...

This would make perfect sence when tuning for Sound Quality. Wether it be one seat judging or 2 seat judging ... east adjustments ...

I would suggest to start out by aiming them to your interior cab light ... and adjust from there

i dont know if anyone has said it in the past 8 pages, but you bore a hole in one of the those wooden balls in like 10 seconds with a milling bit rather than what i saw on the first few pages.

i dont know if anyone has said it in the past 8 pages, but you bore a hole in one of the those wooden balls in like 10 seconds with a milling bit rather than what i saw on the first few pages.
i use a forstner bit now. yes, much, much, much faster. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Can the vifa xt25s be taken apart like the outer ring? .Also you stated to make sure the sphere has a distance from the panel how much?I have an 08 civic si sedan with little windows I would like to try there.

Can the vifa xt25s be taken apart like the outer ring? .Also you stated to make sure the sphere has a distance from the panel how much?I have an 08 civic si sedan with little windows I would like to try there.
i've seen those and i'm not sure how easy it is to disassemble - i assume it's the same as the faceplate-less tweeters shown above. But it is probably glued.

with the xt25 and the civic windows, it pushes you towards a pod instead of a sphere. pods with smooth transitions can also sound nice.

So spheres would be worthless if I did them inside the windows?
not an accurate statement. spheres, by definition, exist only with a stand-off. other than that, if they are molded into a panel, they are just pods. pods with smooth transitions are still good.

This all sounds great whats a good sq tweet to use that can handle some power i have tendence to play loud and blow up tweets.
I am going to sell my German Maestro Status SV6509 components. Those inverted dome tweeters have huge neo magnets and are supposed to have good power handling despite being compact (i.e. no large faceplate). but due to the 2" outer diameter, they are more suited for PVC cups (which can also work very well). a lot of high-power tweeters are also larger.

that works opposite of sphere needs - because you want the sphere to start at the edge of the tweeter dome/surround. sphere diameter needs to be at least 2x the tweeter outside diameter to be really effective. otherwise the enclosure performs like a cylinder (still not bad).

I am going to sell my German Maestro Status SV6509 components. Those inverted dome tweeters have huge neo magnets and are supposed to have good power handling despite being compact (i.e. no large faceplate). but due to the 2" outer diameter, they are more suited for PVC cups (which can also work very well). a lot of high-power tweeters are also larger.
that works opposite of sphere needs - because you want the sphere to start at the edge of the tweeter dome/surround. sphere diameter needs to be at least 2x the tweeter outside diameter to be really effective. otherwise the enclosure performs like a cylinder (still not bad).
How much are you thinking of selling your GM's for? PM me a price

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.