Tips to avoid getting jacked

awesome sticky....just learned that all the things i often fantasized about can actually

be done:D

Rottweiler-picture.jpg

btw here is my alarm...not much of a looker but does the trick //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Have a crown vic with a spotlight on it that resembles a police car, it works well lol
YES IT DOES LOL!!!

especially if its black (well here in virginia) with the stock rims //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

in our apartment row, there are 2 apartments (more like townhomes). Between my neighbors and I, we have 4 cars, 3 have sound systems, all have alarms. Me and guy down stairs react ridiculously fast (not to say that will always happen) to the slightest noise. I keep a 9mm Sig under my bed and a Glock 21 in the living room near the window. I'm not sure what guns my neighbor has, but I've seen one on his hip.

I'm less worried about my system being stolen at home and more concerned about leaving my car at school. Especially when I pick up some rims. I might end up buying another car just to drive to school.

If anyone has the balls to come up my driveway and try to steal my **** I would be amazed.

And if they do I will have to investigate California law on shooting theives. I really should do this before I shoot someone.

ANyway, good thread. Most of it is common sense but as many of us know, there are few with it these days.

well this thread was very informative (till the end there lol ) but all the alarm in the world will not protect stupidity. got jacked last year (all equipment ) all my precoutions didnt help hidden brain, multiple sirens, feul cut off all ineffective oh yeah did i mention my wife took the truck to the store and 4-got to arm the alarm when she got back lol (i'm still lol ing even now) so dont be a dumbass follow those tips above and double chk your ish it doesnt hurt the alarm to be armed if its already armed so if youre not sure hit the button again gl

i think the best theft detterent for me was keeping my factory HU. lol

earlier this year, someone got into my car at night. but fortunatly didnt steal anything but some loose change and burned cd's, went through my console and glove box, took the time to lay out everything in an orderly fashion on the passenger seat.

all amps/subs..etc are in the trunk. i think they saw my factory HU and flat out assumed i didnt have a system. I think the reason it got broke into may likely be my very dark tinted windows.

i mean if you think about it, alot of people with really dark tinted windows can kinda tell you theres something in there they are hiding from plain view. fancy rims and paint job...etc on top of that i know makes me think they have a system of some sort.

i'm not recommending or nothing, some here may frown on this. but i never lock my car doors anymore. Locks are for honest thieves. years ago i used to until i got my window busted out, it was a hatchback....they literally pulled my factory AM/FM radio (no casette nor cd, just am/fm) and before pulling the wires, they mustve noticed it was crap and threw it back down. they stole a sub box with 2 blown kicker subs in it. lol ....(i just got it for the box off a friend and had it sitting back there till i was ready to put my system in)

so the joke was on them except for the fact that it costed me $200 to get a new window put in. if i didnt lock it, i wouldt have been out anything other than that box that was practically free anyway. but they broke into it cause i stupidly had that box in the hatch and you can see them in plain view when walking by, it i had a trunk no one wouldve bothered as the rest was factory.

so now, i keep my ride as factory looking as possible. Also, if it wasnt mentioned, its a good idea to not do your system installs outside of your garage, kinda obvious to neighbors n all but i'm sure none of you here do that anyway. i try to hide my car best i can when i mess with mine.

dnt kno if its been posted or not but ppl wit f150s yall need alarms cuz thats the easiest car to get into cuz of the the whole screwdriver trick

....same with impalas expos chargers and malibus

It doesn't hurt the alarm to be armed if its already armed.. so if your not sure hit the button again.
This is exactly the good feature function of passive arming. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Alarm automatically arms itself after you close the door..just in case you forget to arm it with remote.

Another way to protect your car is to rig up something that works in conjunction with your alarm that would put a high voltage on the metal body of your car once the system is armed. That way a thief could not even touch your car period. Not enough voltage to kill just enough to be very uncomfortable no matter what protection the thief may be wearing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...