Tips to avoid getting jacked

I think I read all 17 pages and didn't even see this: Install pinhole CCD cameras into your dash or onto your rear view mirror. This way if all attempts to prevent the theft fail, at least you can identify the person and show the video to police. You can also install cheap infrared security cameras looking down into your driveway.
Do you happen to have any links to those CCD cameras?

If you forget to arm your alarm then the led will be off...and the thief will KNOW there's no alarm working on the car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Not necessarily...unless they know you have a alarm with a led

Do you happen to have any links to those CCD cameras?
I've thought about that, and I think it would be too expensive to run.

You would need a separate battery source, one that would be able to enable the cameras to run for several hours (or days depending how frequently you drive your car). With these cheap cameras, the quality will be almost useless, especially at night.

Also, if you are in high school or college, NEVER turn on your system anywhere near campus. There are a lot of stupid kids out there who have no respect for other people's property. Be smart and protect yourself.
This holds a lot of weight.

I'm not a morning person. At all. I have problems getting to sleep at night...

But what's the cure for tired? Loud!

So, everyday my system would be cranked as I drove to school in the wee hours. And, on the day I forget my books in the trunk, I walk outside and check it to see my trunk half open, the sub has been pulled, and the amp unfastened from the trunk floor. (Yeah, it was tied down with phillips head screws, I know, I'm a moron.)

I'm really, really fortunate that nothing was gone. There was money and my guitar in the car. The cameras weren't pointed at my car during the time of the incident, but I can only assume someone was walking towards them, so they got scared and booked it. I just had to refasten it and fix the subs (the accessory wire managed to come unplugged from the head unit during whole ordeal. I have no idea how.)

This was my old car. A Saturn L100. It was a hand-me-down, no passenger side mirror, cracks, scratches and dents all over it from the literally 42 crashes and 2 duis (those are the only ones to get caught). Not only that, but it was blue. Common body style. It looked like some high school kids poor, poor car, and the paint blended in well, it was a very common blue.

You can never, never be too paranoid. Always turn your system down in cities. Only go really loud on the freeway, in my opinion. Get an alarm and use it. It's very well worth your time and money.

Also, pay old ladies to drive your car occasionally, giving the illusion that it's grandma's car. No one will ever think you have anything worth stealing in there, besides powerful drugs maybe.

Hello,

I red your comment.Well nice information sharing,i must say.I am really pleased to see such article sharing at the community,It may remove so many wrong belief among the people.Try to share more like this in future.Thank you for the comment.

They must teach to be thankful alot in the UK from the above 2 posts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thankyou.gif.5451126d09e870f796f50c3a4dd5acd7.gif

Your Welcome from the US //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

A few months back i inadvertantly created a security feature, i took my trunk springs out, so now its hard as hell to get my trunk up and when you do you better have someone to hold it for yah. at first i regretted it but after i get my new box built for my Excelons im gonna be glad my trunk is like a mouse trap : P

but im definately gonna use alot of these tips, thanks everyone!

Aside from the usual, get an alarm, be discerning when you play your music loud, etc... I have disabled the trunk pop button. It is very easy to do and, depending on your vehicle, will make it a much more difficult task to get into the trunk.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...